The Talk

Kieth's POV

I follow Hunks instructions trusting him to deal with Shiro and find Pidge to help, and possibly explain to Corran and Allura the deeper meanings of everything going on between us all currently. It must look completely foreign to them on how human pack dynamics works. 

I paced quickly to Lances room, I hadn't been gone long and he should be out for the count but while I was walking I kept picking up Pidges scent all the way until I was outside Lances room 'did she come and check on him while we were arguing?' As I entered all I could see was Pidge look up at me while snuggled up next to a still sleeping Lance, I would be lying if I didn't feel a pang of jealousy run through me.

"Errr Pidge? What are you doing here and why are you cuddling Lance?" Her face instantly going red and avoiding my eyes before replying shyly.

"Didn't feel safe earlier, I think instincts took over to find where, or in this case, who I felt safe with."

I really am a freaking idiot, hurting those around me without thinking anything through, of course she felt unsafe with both me and Shiro releasing dominate scents to attack each other to force the other to submit but in the process forgot that Pidge was also a newly presented Alpha!

"Oh Pidge I'm so sorry, I was just so angry with Shiro that my rage just took over, which is absolutely no excuse, I need to do better to make sure you always feel safe around any of us."

"I know" she replied quietly. "I was angry too so I understand why it happened, it was just a new emotion or feeling or whatever and my body kind of moved on its own. Did you need me to move while Lance rests?" When her eyes met mine again it hits me that Pidge is still so young only 14 and going through all these changes, trying to find her family while fighting the Galra and being a little badass all at the same time.

"By the look of the grip Lance has on you right now, I don't think you could move even if you wanted too. I think it would do you both good to get some sleep and rest, we can talk about everything later ok?" 

The flicker of understanding and happiness that flashed through her eyes and body as she gripped Lance slightly firmer before nodding and whispering a small "thank you" then started to rest herself fully next to Lance as I made my way out of the room. 

Although newly presented she had gone to Lance through that phase, it was important to allow Pidge to have that person during such a tender time of her life to be able to go to and feel safe and I wasn't going to intrude. Me and Lance have a lot to talk about going forward both between us and the group but right now I think some rest and sleep is a good call and we can start anew tomorrow.

I wonder how Hunk is doing with Shiro?

Hunk's POV

*After Hunk explained human dynamics and packs to a very con-fuddled looking to Corran & Allura*

Both the Alteans were now wearing a slight scowl towards Shiros direction after now partly understanding everything.

"So lets have this talk shall we Shiro?" I nonchalantly state while sitting on a dining chair hands resting on the table together. "Why is it 'only Lance' when it comes to caring about all of us? Why is he not the same as the rest of us?" My eyes staring into his daring him to make a wrong move.

I wait patiently as I watch Shiro try and form the words "Its not that I don't care about Lance I really do, but Lance always bounces back from everything, especially lately with how much maturing he's been doing, him being an Omega shouldn't really be that big of a deal."

"Not a big deal? Not a big deal?!" I try to keep as calm as possible while dealing with this man.

"And why is it not a big deal Shiro? Have you even spent any amount of time with an Omega to fully comprehend this, even after I explained it to Allura and Coran who seem to understand it completely, but you someone who was brought up on earth understanding everything doesn't know a thing." I could feel my body starting to shake with the frustration while piercing his eyes.

"In all honestly no, I've barely spent anytime with any Omegas my entire life. I was adopted by two Beta parents who explained the basics of everything of course as they were my parents, I was home tutored so didn't have much interaction with too many kids growing up. Even when I entered College and eventually the Garrison I never came across an instance of an Omega in distress or anything. I don't know what more I can say." He looked almost remorseful, but to never come across a distressed Omega in your life is practically unheard off! Does he genuinely not fully comprehend this?

"Let me get this right so I understand fully. You've never seen or even smelt the scent of a distressed Omega? Never had to console one either I'm guessing?"

I watch as he shifts his weight awkwardly "well no, its never happened in my life, I've never had a lot of close people either and those that were none of them were an Omega just by coincidence. The only exception was Matt, even then during all our training and when we got kidnapped and taken away there was never any scent or anything, he just kind of slipped away if that makes sense."

I can feel myself physically sigh, this man is an idiot just like the rest of us. "Shiro he was using scent blocker, just like Lance has been, and by the sounds of it in order to protect his mind his Omega instincts sent him to O-space so he was barely really there. Did your parents really not explain any of this to you?"

I could see the frustration start to wash over his faces, eyebrows frowned, eyes full of confusion & concentration as he glanced around the room. "No. They never really expanded on Omega's too much as the likelihood of ever being paired with an Omega is rare for a Beta."

"Just like how rare it is to have a male Omega?" I quickly cut in. "I think part of this is to blame on the lack of knowledge and education about this matter while you grew up, plus the fact you've not had to face this kind of event before. I suggest you get yourself acquainted to it all, I'm more than happy to help if you feel like you need some help comprehending it all and understanding it fully. I'm honestly surprised these issues never came up during your time with the Garrison."

Shiro looks so out of place being to be the one the least wisest about a subject especially with him being my senior by over 6 years, his face full with doubt and questioning.

I breath in deeply "Lets get some rest and sleep and we'll talk to everyone tomorrow. Good?" his eyes join my again "Yeah that sounds good Hunk, night everyone." As Shiro makes his way promptly out of the dining room he stops and glances towards me "you really are a great person and an amazing Beta Hunk, Thank you." And he swiftly left, the doors swooshing closed.

I collapsed fully into seat. 'I can't believe I basically gave Shiro a telling off! That scared the crap out of me!' 

"Well done tonight Hunk you did good" called Allura as she also left the dining room. "You showed great determination, I'm proud of you!" Coran bellowed following Allura out.

Being left alone I could feel the tiredness wash over me, I stand and take my own advise and get myself to sleep. 

Tomorrow is a new day.

____________________________________________________________________

I'm still alive! Sorry it's been so long.

Hope you enjoy the chapter, and as always thank you for reading, voting or commenting.

Kiki xx