Helping Hand

Pidge was yelping, writhing in pain while in my lap. I tried to hold her closer to me and let her know she isn't alone that everything will be alright.

"I know it hurts little pup but the pain will end, you just need to be strong and we can get you through this. Is there anything I can do to try and make it easier for you little one?" My heart sincere, I can't bare seeing Pidge in pain.

"A Nest. I wanna be in a nest just like my brother use to make, but I know you can't Lance, so please just hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright. It hurts so much, I want it to end. Please make it stop." Tears starting to stream down her face. Thats all it took for my years of suppressed Omegan instincts to coming screaming through to the surface, along with not having taken any suppressant pills since yesterday, as they've run out.

I was cursing myself for what I was about to do but could no longer see Pidge, my now adopted little sister, in pain like this, not if I could subside any amount of pain for her. I immediately began to scent her rubbing my wrists and tucking Pidge into the crook of my neck, I could smell myself, it had been so many years but I recognised my own sickly sweet smell, I hated it. But from what I learnt from my old 'family' is that pups, and anyone in pain, scenting will help them calm their mind and body.

I could feel Pidge tense up as I began the process, I felt like I swallowed my own heart, I had just revealed to Pidge my true disgusting nature. I wished and prayed to any gods out there that she would at least accept my help for now before she pushed and rejected me once she used me to help her out of this pain.

"Lance?" she whispered.

My breath hitched and shakily replied. "Yes Pidgeon?"

"You're an Omega aren't you?"

"Yes Pidge I am. I'm sorry for hiding it from you and we can talk about it later but right now I need to make sure you've got all the help you can get. So I need you to be strong for me and wait here on my bed for me, I'll be no more than 10 minutes ok. Can you do that for me?" I used the most gentle voice I could muster to make her understand that I only want to help.

She nodded her head, wiped her eyes and crawled onto my bed. I scented her one last time before getting up from the bed, "No more than 10 minutes, I promise you". She nodded her head again and I left my room, I needed supplies.

I bolted to the laundry room and managed to get a few pieces of old clothing from everyone except for Keith & Shiro, I couldn't have another Alpha's smell for what I was going to create for the newly presenting Alpha. One of Hunk's bandana's & a yellow t-shirt, one of Allura's gowns, a scarf and a shirt of Coran's. I then sprinted to the kitchen, thank the heavens that now one was there, I grabbed as many bottles of water I could carry along with every snack that wasn't green goo and ran back to my room.

I couldn't have been more than 7 minutes but by the time I got back Pidge had buried herself in the far corner of the bed, my bed sheets and pillows stacked around her sobbing and panting heavily.

"I can't take it anymore Lance, make the pain stop!" the desperation leaked from every part of her. I dropped everything in the centre of the room and and rushed to scoop her back into my arms to comfort her again.

"It's okay Pidgy I'm back now, and I have a little surprise for which will hopefully help. I'm going to try and build you a nest." The look that she gave me will stay with for the rest fo my life. Her eyes filled with so much joy, appreciation, and dare I say love. She held me close, like I was her only lifeline. I don't think I had ever felt so needed in all my life, it was....nice.

"I need to put you down to make it ok little one, can you let go and I'll build a nest for just the two of us ok?"

She slowly nodded her head and I could feel her grip loosen on me. I got to work immediately, I moved the mattress onto the floor, used every pillow and cushion in my room to create the outer walls and then covered them in a few sheets that I had spare. I then set to creating the inner part of the nest, blankets and everyones clothes circled and sprawled within it all, I placed the water and snacks throughout. After 20 minutes I was finished building my very first next! To be honest I had no idea what I was really doing, I just followed my suppressed instincts and tried to remember back to the school and Garrison lessons they had on secondary genders.

I looked up to Pidge to see if this was acceptable for her, I had never built one and I really wanted to help Pidge in her moment of need but I feared that I had made it worse by not doing it properly. My fear was short lived as she dove straight into the nest and started to roll around looking instantly relieved, this must've been how she was in Matt's nests. She stopped, looked up and me and made 'grabby hands' towards me, I couldn't help the small smile that graced my lips. I instantly obliged my new little sister and started to cuddle and scent her, she relaxed into my embrace and I could sense the calm come over her. She cuddled further and muttered a couple of words that I can't even remember the last time I heard them.

"Thank you Lance"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello again if you're still reading! Two chapters in as many weeks I don't know whats happeneing! But I hope you like how the story is going so far =]

Kiki x