chapter, 𝟏𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 —𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝟏𝟑ₜₕ 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝟏𝟑ₜₕ 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑

❝ I wish I could've done better. ❞

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄

─────────────────────

ARRIVING AT THE NEW TRIBUTE LIVING QUARTER made me realize, it's truly not another nightmare hauting me. It's happening, I'm going back into arena.

My mind still can't put up with the memories from last year, all the deaths, the fear for my own life and now I have to relive every emotion I felt in there.

"Effie, do you know if there's still a roof top in the new living quarter?" I ask the Escort after her little tour of the new appartement. I did see a 13th floor as we we're heading up to the 12th with the elevator but I wanted to be sure.

Effie looks at me for a few seconds, nodding. "There actually is and I heard there's a little extra up there as well." She smiles at me.

I nod, thanking her as my eyes follow Haymitch walking up to the dinning table pouring himself his first drink.

"Do you mind if I get some fresh air?" I ask her after I watched Haymitch taking his first sip.

She shakes her head slowly. "But dinner's ready soon, don't take too long," She replies with a warm smile.

I nod again as I walk out of the appartement to get to the elevator. I take a deep breath before pressing the button to get to the 13th floor. I truly just want to get out of here but I'm hoping to meet one particular Tribute up there as well.

My eyes widen once I step out of the glass elevator. Effie was right.

The rooftop is bigger than last year and there's even a large pool on top of here, surrounded by soft purple neon lights.

That's when I hear the water splashing, someone's in the water. I slowly walk closer as a plant is blocking my sight as I see no other than Finnick swimming in the pool.