chapter, 𝟎𝟒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 —𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐒

Nice acting.

𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘

─────────────────────

ARRIVING IN THE SECOND WEATHLIEST District made me even more nervous than I thought. Haymitch and I were sent to District 2 to send my engagement live so whole Panem could see how happy and grateful my feelings are towards the Capitol to distract them from the risings in the other Districts.

I was able to have Ace join me, after all he was family and we should show well our families get on with eachother. We have to deliver the best show to Panem, even though we never met before.

Effie and Nikita will be joining us as well, making sure everything looks perfect in the eyes of the Capitol.

District 2 is south from the Capitol. Many small villages, each one based around a stone mine, are scattered across the mountains. Like other districts, District 2 has a central square where the government building is located.

We are escorted to the Victor's Village where Cato is living with his father and sister. Me and Ace tried to look somewhat wealthy, hoping the Hadley family would accept us. I'm even wearing heels and one of Cinna's dresses.

Haymitch on the other hand doesn't really care, as usual. He's even smelling as if he fell into a pool of whiskey, but after all he's not the one getting a fake proposal.

The Victor's Village in District 2 has more residents of course as the one back home. The large mansions are in white and gold colours. A giant fountain is placed in the middle of the Village, surrounded by white roses.

Effie and Nikita are already standing outside one of the mansions, chirping loudly once they see us.

Effie hugs me tightly. "Are you excited?"