❀Unrequited Love

Tere hi khayalo mein,
Doobe doobe jaate hain,
Khud ko tere paas hi,
Chod aate hain.

»——✭——«

»——✭——«

Character Aesthetics~

»——✭——«

»——✭——«

"Bhai, you just can't do this to me." Aira screamed as she opened the door but her eyes bulged out as her throat went dry looking at the handsome specie of man infront of her.

"He is changed." She thought as she entered inside with shaky legs while he was still, no emotion determined on his face.

The curly hairs falling on his forehead replaced by gelled up hairs, boyish grin replaced by a cold face, the T-Shirt framed body was now into a well tucked in White shirt and black pants revealing his well toned body, and the love filled eyes replaced by the blank look.

"Aarav." She said in a shaky tone as her eyes teared up looking at the man she had crushed her entire life and then fell for him, and then how brutally she broke his heart.

"How are you?" She asked sitting on the sofa while he shifted away making her heart pain.

"Good I guess." He muttered with disinterest as he eyed her for a second.

"She really changed." He thought bitterly looking at the file in his hand.

Dressed in a green full sleeve loose T-shirt and black pants, she still managed to take his breath away, like all those years.

Her slightly curled brown hairs were falling on her shoulders into a loose braid,her soft features changed into sharp ones, her manicured nails tracing the file kept there.

"Anyone special in life?" She asked making his breath go shallow as he looked at her coldly.

"None of your concern." He said and stood up moving towards the door.

"I am sorry." She stood up abruptly and said closing her eyes tightly in a meek voice making him chuckle dryly.

"For how many things you are going to apologise Ms.Goenka?" He asked turning towards her as he took intimidating steps towards her.

"Was it my fault that my heart chose you? If it was in my control, I would have never fell in love with you Aira. I still despise the day I realised I love you. And whats worst that even after you broke my heart into pieces, it still can't unlove you. It still loves you, even after 8 years. Well, congratulations. You succeeded in one thing finally, I won't behave like the Romeo and idiot I used to behave 8 years back. I didn't loose you, but you did. I regret loving you." He said looking at her as he grabbed her arms and made her look at him forcefully through the slightly red teary eyes. Her heart broke looking at the pain in that black orbs as she again looked away, not being able to look at him more.

She didn't knew what to feel. At one side, her heart was fluttering after his love confession and at the other side, it was broken knowing he regret loving her.

Listening the voice of door opening, they both jolted apart as he abruptly left her hands.

"What happened guys? Everything fine?" Tripti, Aira's sister-in-law asked as she entered followed by Ankit.

Aarav nodded at her smiling a bit.

"I will leave now Ankit. The meeting will began within next hour." He said giving a friendly hug to Ankit and left while Aira's eyes followed his retreating figure with a sad smile.

"I love you Aarav. I really do." She thought turning towards the grand french window as she let the tears cascade down her cheeks as she closed her eyes.

◆◆◆◆◆

Dressed in a light blue lehenga with broad red borders, Aira was running here and there looking after the arrangements. The engagement of Tripti and Ankit was arranged in a Posh hotel and she had arrived early with some of her cousins to look after the arrangements.

She was tying the fairy lights standing up on the chair when suddenly she lost her balance and was going to fell off if not held by a strong pair of arms.

She closed her eyes tightly as the sudden fear engulfed her while she snuggled more into the warmth coming from the known body.

Making Aira stood up, her brother glared her making her squirm at her place.

"Where the hell you have your attention choti? You would have fallen down." He scolded her as she pouted at him innocently making him shook his head while mumbling something incoherent.

"Tripti is in the room. Go and have a look at her. She was calling you." He said making her nod as she rushed towards the stairs.

As she was precisely running, she slipped through a stair due to the wedges and was going to fall down the stairs when someone pulled her hand making her straight hit his hard chest. She shivered at the thought of hurting herself looking at the stairs. She was not a clumsy one, but the traditional outfit got the best of her and due to the little nuisances here and there, she would have fallen.

"Can't you walk straight Aira. Do you have an ounce of idea what would have happened if I didn't arrived on time?" He angrily said, glaring at her while her breath hitched looking at his black orbs which were starring at her in anger. Her entire self shivered under his touch on her waist got registered by her mind. She pulled away, her face getting hot as she muttered a small thankyou and dragged herself away from him.

He looked at her running figure as he ran his hand through his blue tuxedo and left.

◆◆◆◆◆

Hope you guys liked it. It was written before a month.

If possible, do share this on your message board so that it could reach more audience.

VOTE|COMMENT|SHARE

Thankyou༶•┈┈⛧┈♛