1.❀

Ae dil
Bash itna samajh le
Jise Tu khona nahi chahta
Woh tera hona nahi chahta

~Pinterest

»——✭——«

»——✭——«

"What happened?" Pallavi, Aira's best friend asked as she saw her best friend coming down with a sullen face.

"Nothing." She replied smiling as she side hugged her best friend. Pallavi rolled her eyes when her gaze fell on Aarav and then she knew, why her best friend mood had gone on a toss.

"You tried talking to him?" She asked as she gently pressed Aira's hand who nodded in no sadly.

"He don't even spare a glance at me. Do you really think he will listen?" She said.

"Trying doesn't hurt babe. Pyaar ka dariya hain aur doob ke jaana hain." Pallavi said making Aira laugh out loud as she smacked Pallavi's head.

"Stupid. Its aag ka dariya hain aur doob ke jaana hain." She said making Pallavi pout.

Soon, Tripti was brought down as Ankit and her exchanged the rings.

Dekha hazaaron dafa aapko
Phir bekaraari kaisi hain
Sambhale sambhalta nahi yeh dil
Kuch pyaar mein baat aisi hain

As the song played, Aira's eyes pooled up with tears. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, she lifted her brown orbs to drown herself into the sea of his black orbs which were already looking at her in pain and anger.

Lekar izaazat ab aapse
Saansein yeh aati jaati hain
Dhundhe se milte nahi do dil
Bash aap hi aap baaki hain

He looked away from her when her father approached him. Nearly all the young couples were dancing on the rhythms.

"Why don't you two go and dance too?" Her father said and before they can retaliate, he had pushed both of them on the stage. She looked at him awkwardly. He looked around and feeling everyone's eyes, he forward his right hand to her. She looked into his eyes for a second putting her hand on his shoulders and hand as they too started moving on the rhythms.

Pal bhar na doori sahe aap se
Betabiyan yeh kuch aur hain
Hum door ho ke bhi paas hain
Nazdeekiyan yeh kuch aur hain

Twirling her, he kept his hands on her bare waist as he hot breath fanned over her exposed neck. She breathed heavily as she turned clutching onto his shoulders.

"I wanted to talk to you." She whispered in a hushed voice.

"After 8 years. Its funny. Isn't it?" He asked making her give him a glare.

Dekha hazaron dafa aapko
Phir bekarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
Kuch pyar mein baat aisi hai

"Can't you just forget it for God's sake Aarav?" She said painfully making him give her a throaty chuckle.

"I can't forget that the only girl I loved tagged me as a playboy and said that I eyed her lustfully. It broke me Sweetheart." He said in a hard as it broke towards the end.

Aagosh mein hain jo aapki
Aisa sukun aur paaye kahaan
Aankhein hamein raas aa gayi
Ab hum yahaan se jaaye kahan

Stopping to dance in mid, he left from there. She looked around and then followed him who took a wine glass from the waiter going towards the excluded area.

"Aarav." She called him out running only to twist her ankle as a painful scream left her throat. The wine glass slipped from his hand as he rushed towards her who was wincing in pain clutching onto her right leg. Taking off her wedges, he looked at her and picked her up in his arms in a swift. Tears were continuously falling from her eyes.

"She had always been sensitive to pain." He thought as he gently kept her on the sofa when her parents rushed there.

"What happened Baby?" Her father asked as he sat beside his daughter who hugged her father tightly, sobbing.

"Its paining." She said sobbing pointing towards her ankle.

Aarav looked away from her, not being able to see her in pain. This had always been his weakness, her tears.

Even though, he had made himself strong but his heart still beats for her the same way it used to before many years. Its not so easy to unlove someone. Even if he tried, he couldn't.

Ankit looked at his sister before kneeling infront of her and sprayed the ointment on her ankle which was turned red by now and also swollen a bit.

Crying, she had slept by now on her father's shoulder while the guests have already left.

"Aarav, I needed to talk to you." Pallavi said as she came towards him.

"If you are here to defend the deed of your bestfriend, then I apologise because I don't want to listen anything." He said narrowing his eyes at her.

"You will loose her like this Aarav. Everyone deserves a second chance." She pleaded while he just passed her a  cold look.

"True. But Its too late by now." He said eyeing the sleeping figure of Aira.

"She tried to reach you but you had left India by then and when she tried contacting you, you blocked her. And you know her self respect. But she really loves you allot." Pallavi said trying her last for her best friend.

"It was ego and her stubborn nature which made us stand here. She could have tried harder. After breaking by heart like that, how can she accept me to just forgive her in a minute." He said and left from there while Pallavi left a deep sigh.

"I just hope that this ego of yours won't make you suffer in future." She said looking at her bestie and then Aarav who was talking to Ankit and left from there.

◆◆◆◆◆

If possible, do give this book a shoutout♡

VOTE|COMMENT|SHARE

THANKYOU♡