One

Esmè walked into the office. She looked at Max Tyler and sighed. "We have a problem."

"What's that?" Max asked as he looked at her.

Esmè and Max had hooked up a month ago. And now Esmè had taken a pregnancy test. She had taken the test from her pocket and handed it to him. "I'm pregnant. And it's yours," Esmè said as she looked at him.

Max was shocked. He looked at her. "You're sure?"

Esmè nodded. "I've taken three tests Max. They're all positive. What are we going to do?"

Max sighed. "I'll meet you tonight. I'll come to your place and we can talk it out," he said.

"Okay."

****

Esmè was sitting in her classroom. She couldn't believe that she was pregnant. She didn't think she would ever want a baby. But now she had one inside of her, she felt protective.

Esmè looked up as her mum walked in. Rachel smiled. "You were here quite early this morning. Everything okay?" She asked.

Esmè nodded. "Yeah. Everything is fine. I just had to catch up on. But I'm fine. And everything is fine," she said. She didn't want to tell her mum she was pregnant until she and Max had talked about it.

"Good. Why don't we go for dinner tonight? Just us?"

Esmè sighed. "I've got plans tonight. How about tomorrow instead?" She said.

Rachel nodded and smiled. "Okay love."

****

Esmè smiled as Tom Clarkson walked towards her. Tom was her best friend. And she knew he was always there for her. "How's the love life Clarky?" She asked.

Tom laughed. "Practically non-existent. I forgot what sex feels like," he said as he looked at her. He knew that he cared about her.

Esmè grinned. "Well how about you find someone who can give you the best sex that you want," she told him.

"I'm a lover. And I think I've had practically everyone in this staffroom. Apart from you."

Esmè laughed. She grinned. "Well Tommy. I can't have sex with you. As I'm in a delicate condition."

Tom frowned. He looked at her. "Are you pregnant?"

Esmè nodded and sighed. "Yeah. I am. Don't say anything," she told him.

Tom took her hand. "I promise. I won't say anything. Who's the father?" He asked as he wiped away a tear from her eyes.

Esmè sighed. "I can't tell you. Not yet. We need to talk about it first. But he knows. And we're going to talk tonight about it," she told him.

Tom smiled. "Well I'm happy for you. You'll be an amazing mum."

"Thanks."

****

Later on that evening, Esmè was sitting in her flat. The door knocked. Esmè went and answered it knowing it would be Max. She smiled. "Hey. Didn't think you'd come to be honest."

Max smiled. "Well I thought it would be best. Considering that we need to talk about this situation."

Esmè nodded. "Yeah. It was a drunken hook up. We were both too careless to remember a condom. Before I say what I want, how do you feel about it?" She asked.

Max shrugged. "I didn't ever think I'd be in this position. But I know that no matter what I say, you'll do what you feel is best," he said.

Esmè smiled slightly. "I think I want to keep it. I didn't think I'd ever have a baby. I didn't think I'd want one. But now that I'm in this position, I feel so protective over it. And I want to see if I can do it. If I can be a good mum," she said.

Max nodded. He took her hand. "Whatever you want to do, I will support you," he said as he kissed her lips gently.

Esmè smiled and nodded. But could Esmè Mason and Max Tyler have a baby together?