Seven

Esmè knew that things had been tense ever since she told Rachel to accept her pregnancy. Esmè knew that it wasn't easy. But she was trying to focus on the pregnancy and her baby.

Esmè knew how Max had been there and she wanted to accept the support that he was giving her but she was worried.

Esmè couldn't figure it out. But she knew that she just didn't trust Max Tyler at all.

Esmè got to work and walked down the hallway and frowned as she saw Rachel and frowned. Rachel sighed. "Look I know I haven't been supportive Esmè. And I'm sorry. But I am your mother. And believe it or not, I am trying to protect you," Rachel said. 

Esmè rolled her eyes. "Really? As it seems personal. All of this does," Esmè said.

Rachel sighed. "It's Max okay. I just can't believe you were stupid enough to let him get you pregnant. I just don't trust him Esmè. I'm sorry but I don't," Rachel said.

Esmè nodded. "Fine. I get that but trust me. I can handle it," Esmè said as Rachel nodded.

Esmè didn't know why but part of her knew Rachel was right. She she didn't trust Max completely.

****

Esmè walked into the staffroom as Tom walked in and frowned. "Did you know my ex was back in town?" He asked.

Esmè looked to him and frowned. "Do you mean my cousin Aimee? No I didn't know that she was back. If that is what you're asking me," Esmè said.

Tom sighed. "We ran into each other in town. I know I hurt her Esmè. And I know you don't like me for it. But she is your cousin. Can you talk to her? I just want her to not hate me anymore," Tom said.

Esmè sighed. "I'll call her but I am not getting involved in it Tom. Look you hurt Aimee. And you forgot about her and fought a lot. And her leaving was for herself," Esmè said.

Tom sighed. "I know I was a terrible boyfriend but I don't know..." Tom said as Esmè sighed.

Esmè placed a hand on her small bump and sighed.

Esmè knew how that they had a thing in the past. But she and Max happened. And she could tell that Tom was still in love with her cousin.  "You still love her. Don't you?" Esmè asked.

Tom nodded. "I do. But it's not that easy," Tom said.

Esmè placed a hand on top of his and smiled.  "I'll talk to her," she said.

****

Esmè sat in her classroom. She looked up to see as the door opened as Max walked in. He looked  and smiled. "Are you okay?" Max asked. 

Esmè smiled. "I'm just tired. That's all," she said.

Max smiled. "Well why don't you let me take you out to dinner later?" He asked.

Esmè smiled and nodded. "Of course," Esmè said as Max smiled.

Max knew he was playing a game with Esmè to get rid of her.

But he had no idea how Esmè was far from stupid. And how he was going to be the one who was left with nothing. Especially when she found out the truth. And she would make sure he'd never see his baby again.