Six

Esmè walked into work. She saw Rachel and Max who looked to be arguing. She rolled her eyes and walked over to them. "What the hell is going on?" She asked.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "He got you pregnant on purpose."

"Oh for god sake. Drop this now. I'm pregnant and I don't need the stress. Mum. People have sex. And sometimes it leads to pregnancy. This is happening. So get used to it. I'm having this baby and I want you to support me," she said.

Rachel said nothing as she walked off. Esmè scoffed. "There goes my good mood," she said as she looked at Max. "Tell me you didn't wind her up."

Max laughed. "For a change, it wasn't me. I was talking to Tom. And she came over. Thankfully Tom walked off before he could hear it was me who got you pregnant."

Esmè nodded and sighed. She looked at him. "It's honestly stupid now. How she's acting. And it's not cool. I don't want the stress," she said.

****

Rachel looked up as Esmè walked into the office. She sighed. "Esmè. Don't start."

"I'm not starting. I just want to know why you can't accept this? I'm having a baby for crying out loud."

"Max Tyler getting you pregnant might just be your biggest mistake. Esmè. Don't you know about protection?"

Esmè rolled her eyes. "Yes I do know. But when you're drunk, what the hell can you expect me to do?"

Rachel scoffed. "Don't have bloody sex if you can't remember precautions. Are you that much of an idiot?"

Esmè nodded. She turned and walked off. She hated how her mum was acting. She was so tempted to cut Rachel off from her life until she accepted that she was having the baby.

****

Esmè was sitting in the staffroom. Tom walked in and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" He asked.

Esmè nodded. "I'm fine. I'm tired. But I'm okay."

"Good. What was all that about with your mum and Max earlier? She came over to him and started yelling at him. I walked off. She was quite vile to him."

Esmè frowned. "What did Max do before you walked off?" She asked.

"Nothing Es. He was just standing there with me talking about the school trip."

"Thanks Tom."

****

Esmè walked into the office. Max looked up at her. "Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

Esmè nodded. "I spoke to Tom. He told me how you two were talking about the school trip. How she came over and started on you. I'm sorry."

Max smiled. "It's not your fault your mum isn't supportive. You don't need that negativity in your life Esmè. You're having a baby. And the stress she causes won't be any good for you or our baby," he said.

"I know. I'm going to talk to her later. I'm not having this anymore. She either needs to support me and the baby. Or I want nothing to do with her," she said.

****

Esmè walked into the staffroom. Rachel was there in front of the staff. Esmè sighed. She took a deep breath. "I'm going to say this once. You either support the fact that I'm pregnant. Or I want nothing to do with you. And you won't ever get to see my daughter. The choice is yours," Esmè said.

Rachel stood in shock. But she had no idea that this was Max Tyler's way of pushing her out. Out of Esmè's life and the school. But would he succeed?