Five

Esmè woke in bed next to Max and sighed. The two of them had spent the night together and ended up having sex. Max looked to her and smirked. "Well. I think last night was amazing," he said.

Esmè sighed. "Yeah. But it shouldn't have happened. Max. This is too complicated."

Max rolled his eyes. He looked at her. "But it's happened twice. And I think it will happen again. You can't resist me."

Esmè smirked. "I think you'll find that I can resist you. And I will."

"Esmè. We had sex at least three times last night. You didn't do a very good job then did you?" He said.

Esmè winked. She climbed out of bed and looked at him. "Well then. I guess we have to place a little bet on this. I resist you, then you have to order me the biggest pizza you can. If I can't resist you, then I will give you the best blow job," she told him.

"You're on."

****

Esmè went into work. Rachel walked over to her and smiled. "Morning love. You okay?" she asked as she looked at her daughter.

Esmè nodded and smiled. "Yeah I'm fine. Morning sickness isn't agreeing with me though."

Rachel laughed and looked at her. She smiled. "I never thought I'd see the day you were having a baby. You never wanted kids."

"I know. But now I'm having this baby. And I couldn't be more excited. No one knows it's Max's baby yet. And I'd appreciate it if you could keep it quiet," Esmè said.

Rachel frowned. "Are you ashamed Max got you pregnant?"

"What? No! Not at all. I want this baby more than I've ever wanted anything. I don't care that Max is the father. We're friends and we're staying friends for our baby," Esmè said as she walked off.

****

Esmè looked up as Tom walked in. He smiled. "Hey. How's mamma to be?" He asked.

"I'm okay. I'm just tired. I didn't sleep so well last night," Esmè said.

Tom smirked and nodded. "I know. The love bite on your neck tells me that. Who was he?" Tom asked.

Esmè grinned. "Baby daddy. But that's not why I didn't sleep. I just couldn't get comfy," she told him.

Tom nodded and laughed. He sat on the desk. "When do we get to meet him? Your baby daddy?"

Esmè shrugged. "I don't know. I'll have to let you know."

Tom grinned. He looked at her. "You know. I'm surprised we never hooked up."

"Ha! Tom. You're not my type. You're sexy and all. But not my type. But you're someone's type," she told him.

"Thanks Es."

****

Max looked up as Esmè walked into the office. She smirked. "You owe me a pizza," she told him.

"The day isn't over yet. I could probably tempt you right now," Max said as he stood up.

Esmè shrugged. "I have willpower you know. A lot of willpower. And you can't deny that," she said.

Max walked towards her. He pulled her into his arms. "Esmè. Stop fighting me. We both know you want me more than anything. And I want you too."

Esmè pushed him away and sighed. "Max. I don't want to complicate anything else. We promised we would try for the baby. And I'm happy about that. But... as for anything else, I can't go there. It's not fair on me, you. Especially if we don't work out."

Max smirked. "I will win you Esmè. You can count on that."

Esmè grinned and nodded. "We'll just see if that happens shall we?"

"Yes."

Esmè walked out and grinned. But how long could she keep resisting Max Tyler?