Two

Esmè still couldn't believe that she was pregnant. She was still in a shock about it all. She didn't know how to truly feel. But she knew that she was going to keep the baby.

Esmè woke that morning and sighed. She placed a hand on her baby bump and smiled. It felt strange to her that she had a little baby inside of her.

Esmè checked her phone. She saw a text from Max;

Come and see me at work. We need to talk about the baby - Max x

Esmè sighed. She didn't reply to him. She felt like he didn't want their baby. But he had said he would support her.

****

Esmè went to work. She saw Max waiting for her. Esmè smiled. "Wow. I get special treatment?" She asked as she took her bag out.

Max smirked. "Well you're pregnant. So obviously I'm to look after you," he told her.

"Ever so charming aren't you Max? But what did you need to talk about?" Esmè asked as she took a sip of her coffee. She frowned when Max took it. "Hey!"

"Coffee is bad for the baby. You're not going to be drinking that," Max said as he threw the coffee away.

Esmè groaned. "How do you expect me to deal with the demons in this place without my coffee?"

"Decaf."

"That's mean."

****

Rachel saw how close Max and Esmè were and she was worried. She didn't know what was going with them. But she knew that if it involved Max then it wouldn't be good.

Rachel felt the colour drain from her when she saw Max put a hand on her daughter's stomach. Rachel hoped that Esmè wasn't pregnant with Max's baby. She didn't even know that they had been seeing each other.

Rachel looked up as Chris walked in. He frowned. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I think my daughter is pregnant. And I think Max Tyler is the father," Rachel said.

Chris stood in shock. He looked at Rachel. "Has she told you?"

"No. She hasn't told me anything. Not even that she thought she was pregnant. Chris. I don't stand a chance here now. Max Tyler has wooed my daughter," Rachel said.

****

Esmè looked up as Rachel walked in. She saw the look on her face. "What's up?" She asked.

"I'm going to ask you a question. And I want the truth," Rachel said as she looked at her. She took a deep breath. "Did Max Tyler get you pregnant?"

Esmè nodded. "It wasn't just him. We had sex once. We were both drunk. And it didn't mean anything to either of us. But now we're having this baby."

Rachel felt the colour drain. She sighed. "How could you be so stupid? Esmè. He planned it."

"Oh for gods sake mum. We were both drunk. Neither of us knew what we were doing. Neither of us counted on me getting pregnant. But now that I am, we're going to make it work. I'm keeping the baby. And Max is supportive of that."

Rachel shook her head. "I can't stand by and watch you make a mistake by having a baby with Max Tyler. He wants me gone. He probably used you."

Esmè rolled her eyes. "Now you're being paranoid. Max and I talked about it. We're going to raise our baby together. Nothing you say or do will change my mind. So either support me. Or don't."

Rachel knew that she wanted to support her daughter. But could she allow Max Tyler to ruin Esmè's life?