Eight

Esme groaned as she sat in the flat. She heard a knock at the door. She stood up and answered it.

Esmè saw Max and smiled.   "I got some stuff for you and the baby. I know that this isn't easy. But this is my baby too. I want to be there. I want to support you both. And that means by helping pay. I got a crib and some clothes and that," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

Esmè took him inside. She looked to the stuff that he had bought and smiled. "This is amazing. Thank you Max," she said as she kissed his cheek. She smiled. "I know that this is hard. A lot of men would have walked away. I am glad that you are here and I am grateful for you. And all you do. That you are sticking by me."

Max looked to her and smiled. "I'm a lot of things Esmè. But one isn't getting someone pregnant and walking away," he told her.

Esmè looked to him and smiled. She placed a hand on her small bump and smiled. She knew just how messy that things were. But she was glad that they were trying to make it work.

****

Esme got to work and stood in the staffroom. She looked to see her cousin Aimee walk in.

Esme walked over to her. She hugged her and smiled. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Aimee smiled. "Your mum offered me my old job back. I took it," she said as Esmè looked to her and frowned.

She knew her cousin. And she knew when she was keeping something from her. "What aren't you telling me?" She asked.

Aimee liked to her and sighed. "Tom and I hooked up. The first night I got jack to town. We met at my hotel bar. We didn't intend too. We just met and we had sex," she told her.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "What else aren't you telling me?" She asked.

Aimee smiled. "You always know. Don't you? I'm pregnant. It's Tom's. I have no idea what I am going to do. Or even how I am going to tell him."

Esmè hugged her and smiled. "I know it's hard. But I am here for you. We will be pregnant together. Tom would be a great dad. You need to tell him," she said as Aimee looked to her and smiled.

****

Esme walked towards the office. She frowned as she heard arguing. She could tell that it was Rachel and Max. "I don't trust you Max. You will hurt Esmè," Rachel spat.

"It's none of your business."

"She is my daughter. Just because you got her pregnant means nothing."

"I never planned to. I was using Esmè to get to you. But now we are connected forever. I'm stuck with her because she's having my baby. And I am going to use that to get rid of you for once and for all," Max said. as Esme walked in as he paled.

"How could you? Screw you," she spat as she walked off. She was trying not to cry.

Esmè was hurt. She felt like an idiot. Especially as she thought that she was falling for him.