Unmasking Estella - Tiger_Lily245

Second place winner: Unmasking Estella by Tiger_Lily245

A masked Valentines & a secret Challenge 

There he was, the white half of his mask glinting against the light, while the black half seemed to consume it. She walked over to the bar, readjusting her black mask as she went. Normally, the ladies wore white masks, twined with lace. In her parent's eyes, she wasn't considered a woman.

Leaning over the bar, she pointed at the whiskey bottle on the shelf. The bartender poured her a glass and slid it across the bar. With a sigh, she sat down her binding tightening at the movement. Music poured over her as she quickly finished her first glass and gestured for a second.

"It's nice to see you again Prince," a husky voice sounds over her shoulder.

"Hello Elias," she remarks sipping her whiskey.

Elias doesn't know for sure about her gender, but he has his suspicions. He runs his hand down her arm and she jerks it away.

"Stop it, Elias!" she exclaims quietly and he backs away with his hands raised, "I don't want people getting the wrong idea about us."

He chuckles and leans closer to her, "I guess you're right Prince Elijah," he leans closer about to say something when he was cut off.

"Prince Elijah," she turns her head so fast that her wig almost flies off, "it's an honour to finally make your acquaintance," it's him, the mysterious man with the black and white mask!

She turns to Elias, "If you'll please leave us, Elias," looking over his shoulder, "I believe your fiancé is waiting for you.

Elias follows her gaze to the blonde, twirling her ring and looking around nervously. He gives both the mystery man and Elijah a small smile and excuses himself. Elijah watches as Elias walks up to his fiancé and wraps his arms around her, whisking her away to the dancefloor. She couldn't help the pang of jealousy that shot through her like a bolt. She would never be whisked away to dance, or kissed passionately by the love of her life. She was trapped, with an identity that didn't feel like her own.

"Elijah," the man snapped her out of her daydreams, thankful for the mask that hid her tears.

"All right you know my name," she says huskily, "may I know yours now?"

"Elijah, are you saying you don't remember me?" he puts a hand over his chest in mock heartbreak.

She looks at him in confusion until he puts his hand over hers, it felt so warm and familiar.

"Or should I call you, Estella? My beloved Queen," he asked with a smile.

She was immediately sent to another world, a place where she was once a Princess. Where, in the eyes of one person, she had always been a Princess. He had brought her jewelry and took her on walks through the garden. Tears began rolling down her face, past the mask she wore. The General's Son and the one person who saw her for who she was.