Entangled Heart- Peacepainter707

Second Place Winner: Entangled Heart by Peacepainter707

Burning Desire Contest 

As the sun and moon greeted each other in the golden sky, a pair of love birds strolled on the block paving, hand-in-hand. The leaves rustled creating a serene atmosphere. Small decorated street lamps greeted the couple on either side, along with the bushes and massive trees, creating a sense of privacy. It was Valentine's Day and Tamima couldn't help raising her expectations. Her couple's goal for today was to share a kiss. Not just any kiss... but her first!

Holding hands was great too, but it often made her feel insecure. Recently, she couldn't help but think he was friend-zoning her. Counting today, this would be their fifth date. Aayudh was older than her by three years, so she felt dismayed over the fact that he might just be treating her like a child.

'He's saved my life twice now. I shouldn't doubt him.' Tamima tried consoling her bruised ego, 'Aayudh is kind and generous to everybody. He's sweet enough to not ask me too many questions about my parents, or why I haven't updated my status from single to in-a-relationship yet... Not to mention he never complains when I'm late on our dates.'

There was something about darkness. It kept things hidden.

Illuminating the night sky, the stars shone bright like diamonds.

Aayudh had mentioned on their first date how much he loved stargazing. He'd told her about his dad buying him a toy binocular on his seventh birthday just to appease Aayudh's growing ambition. It didn't help much, but to his younger self, this was a treasure. Once her boyfriend began talking about outer space, he wouldn't stop. Tamima liked how his eyes sparkled every time this topic was brought into the conversation. It was unusual, compared to his calm and gentle demeanor, but she enjoyed every moment of it.

Just two hours ago, Tamima had ditched her best friend, lying that she had a bit of a fever last night. A slip of the tongue would lead to disastrous consequences... 'I'll wait until Saya has a boyfriend, then inform her about Aayudh. It's much safer that way!' Tamima heaved a heavy sigh. After all, Saya shared everything with her mother. Both Tamima and Saya's mothers have been besties since their collage days.

"Is something the matter?" Aayudh asked, concerned, as he leaned his face closer to hers.

It was too perfect an opportunity to pass off. Tamima shut her eyes and shifted her face closer to him. Her palms felt all sweaty.

Their lips lightly touched. Tamima felt his lips tremble slightly. Had she finally broken him? Why wasn't he leaning forward? Was Tamima being too forward right now? Did Aayudh despise this type of girl?

Time felt too slow. Aayudh hadn't pushed her away yet, so she tilted her head forward, just slightly. She wondered for a moment if her lips were perhaps too dry... but who cares?