Chapter Ten

Izuku walked into the police station, dragging Stain in a cart. Iida and Todoroki followed, both of them helping Native walk.

"What brings you here?" Naomasa said, standing up. Izuku gently picked up Stain and set him on the floor. "The Hero Killer? What?" Naomasa said before quickly grabbing a pair of Quirk Cuffs and attaching them to Stain's wrists.

"You got some explaining to do," Naomasa said as he faced them.

After Izuku gave an explanation, Naomasa rubbed his eyes and sighed. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

"You have a visitor coming," Naomasa said. The detective made them some coffee while they waited, as the visitor arrived.

Someone else walked into their room to stand beside Naomasa, "Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae," The chief said.

'Tsuragamae! Ch-Chief?!' Midoriya gaped. Izuku got up and bowed as Iida and Todoroki followed suit. "Oh, you can just say seated, woof," Tsuragamae told Midoriya.

The Chief of the Hosu police came all this way... Why? Todoroki thought.

"Regarding the Hero Killer... He had fairly serious injuries, with burns and broken bones, and is receiving treatment under strict guard, woof. Since you are U.A. students, I'm sure you already know that when superpowers were still becoming the norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards and made sure quirks were not used as weapons. And then, the profession of a Hero emerged to fill that gap, woof. For an individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others- actions that normally would be appropriate to denounce- to be accepted officially is thanks to early heroes who followed the ethics and rules of the profession, woof. Even up against the Hero Killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their quirks without specific instruction from their guardians or supervisors is a clear violation of the rules. The three of you, and the pro heroes, Endeavor, Manual, and Edgeshot must receive strict punishment," Tsuragamae explained to them.

"I had permission from Edgeshot to engage in self defense," Izuku said.

"Wait a minute. If Iida hadn't done anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, the two of them would've been killed. No one realized the Hero Killer had appeared. Are you saying we should've followed the rules and watched people get killed?" Todoroki objected.

"That's why you are off the hook, woof," Tsuragamae said.

"Now, are you saying that as long as it turns out all right, it's okay to bend the rules?" Tsuragamae questioned, turning back to Todoroki.

"Isn't it a hero's job to save people?" Todoroki exclaimed.

"That is why you are not a full-fledged hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by Yuuei and Endeavor, woof?" Tsuragamae sighed.

"You dog!" Todoroki gritted his teeth, walking towards Tsuragamae. "He shouldn't have mentioned Endeavour," Izuku muttered.

"Wait a minute. Hear him out until the end," Izuku said, holding a hand out to stop Todoroki. Todoroki glared, but didn't say anything.

"That was the official opinion of the police. And the punishment and such would only happen if this were all made public, woof. If this were made public, you would probably be applauded by the public, but you would not be able to escape punishment. On the other hand, this is a bit underhanded, but if it is not made public, the burn scars would support Izuku being the hero who saved the day, as he was given permission from Edgeshot and it would end there, woof. Thankfully, there were very few witnesses. This violation could be crushed here, woof. But this would mean no one would know about your friends' good judgement or achievements. Which do you prefer? Personally, I don't want to be the one to find fault with promising young ones because of one big mistake, woof," Tsuragamae finished this time, holding a thumbs up to the three with his tongue out.