Prolouge

Y/N 3 years old (past):

"Father, am I improving?" I said in a monotone voice as I was filled with sweat while looking up at my father with my blue glowing eyes.

He looked at me and smiled, "yes you are Tomoe, but still it's not enough," father's smile dropped while he said that.

He then continued, "it's not enough for you to be the heir of the Kaguya clan. You have to be stronger, stronger to beat a special grade curse with ease."

I nodded as I continued my training with him until dawn came.

"Let's stop here for now and pick up where we left off tomorrow," he said as he left from my sight and entered the main house.

I only bowed to him as he left and started thinking.

"I must get stronger to make Father proud and to make him acknowledge me!"

Tomoe 1 year later, 4 years old (still past):

I still remember the promise I made to myself one year ago.

I became stronger than before and now Father is praising me a lot!

I like it when he praises me, but he always quickly stops smiling while looking at me as if I bring him bad memories.

I made mother die, I know that...

Maybe it's because of that...

I can't do anything if it's that, I can only make him happy if I become a worthy heir for the Kaguya clan.

A few minutes passed and now Tomoe is taking a walk in the forest:

Hmm... I never ventured this out of the forest.

It's getting late and I have no idea where I am.

What do I do?

Father will be mad at me if I miss my curfew.

And I don't like it when he gets mad.

I shivered at the thought of Father getting angry at me.

I continued walking deeper and deeper into the forest until I found a shrine surrounded by trees.

It was a red shrine with green dragon designs on it.

"There's cursed energy forming here," I mumbled to myself as I went closer to the shrine.

"Is it a strong curse?"

I continued to walk closer to the shrine when I spotted a sealed box, emanating cursed energy from it.

It was monstrous.

I got shivers while being in its presence.

No!

I can't be weak!

Wait, I sense someone else coming closer here.

"Who goes there?" I said while turning my head in the direction of the faint energy I sensed.

It was a human?

No.

It was a curse. The curse took the form of a human with stitches on its face. And had long bluish grey hair with two low ponytails and bangs covering his eyebrows.

Why is a special grade curse here?

And it isn't even registered.

"Why are you in the Kaguya clan's grounds? It is forbidden for curses and humans to enter. Yet a special grade curse is here standing in front of me," I said as the curse went closer to me and took the box away from.