The Dinner

as Arour was riding back to the kingdom, the head guard rode alongside him and asks, " so, tell me, sire... am I to be a best man, or did you choose a creature from the moors?" arour sighs as he said, " general if that's your way of asking me if she said yes, then I, uh..." but then the general smiled as said, " I know she said yes, sire. what human wouldn't want to leave that place? " arour stops his horse and asks, " what do you have against more folk, Percival? maleficent is gone, he is no threat to us anymore. the moors are not like him" Percival scoffs as he stopped his horse, " moor folk?" is that what we're calling them now?. winged beasts, murderous trees." arour snapped his finger at him and said in anger, " guard your tongue, genera. you know nothing about them." arour said in anger, " I know that maleficent was the killer of men... destroyer of armies. or so the story goes. you may have defected him sire, but that doesn't mean he's truly gone. the moors still hold dark secrets. " arour sighs as he looked down at his hands, he was silent trying to forget that night, Percival looked at the young prince and said, " it's my job to protect this kingdom. and I will do so, old friend... without hesitation" Percival told his horse to walk on leaving the prince in his thoughts before he kept riding towards the castle. 

inside the castle, a man opens a chest that had arrived at the castle, " your majesty, spoils from the annexation of the midlands have arrived. weapons." he said. queen Leah sighs as she shakes her head as she was having her portrait painted and said, " no. we do not need arms. our days of war are over." then king Stefan walks along with a table of weapons as he looks at them, " Stefan... I see where you have placed me. right behind you." " and that's where you'll always be," Stefan said as he picked up a crossbow, " Stefan, I said we had no need of arms, my dear." Leah said as she watched he husband aim the crossbow as he said, " one can never be too careful, my queen" he aims it around the throne room as his right hand Nevar said, " your majesty, it's cocked." Stefan smiled as he aimed it at the man who didn't flinch or look scared. " is it, now?" Stefan said. 

then trumpets could be heard playing as the king knew that his son had returned, he throws the crossbow to Nevar and it goes off as it fires an arrow in the head of a wooden statue of a bear. then the door opens and arour walks in with a smile on his face, " mother, farther" arour said in a happy tone, " well? what did she say?" Leah asks, " she said yes" arour said. Leah stood up from her throne and walks towards her son and hugged him, " that is wonderful news. two kingdoms untied at last." Leah said as arour nodded before turning to his father who gave him a soft smile. " yes...." Stefan said he walked towards his son, " perhaps I've been selfish... looking at this the wrong way. you've made your choice. now is a time to celebrate" Stefan finished as arour smiled and hugged him. " I'm glad you finally approve." arour said as he lets go of the hug with a smile, " much more than that. I am ready to welcome your fiancee with open arms" Stefan said as arour smiled at his mother, " she shall come to dinner" Leah said as arour nodded his head agreeing, " that would be incredible." Stefan nodded before walking away as Leah turned to her son, " well, let it be known throughout the kingdom that my son is to marry (Y/N)" Leah said in excitement. 

back in the moors, (Y/N) was sitting on her throne as she looked down at the ring on her finger. but then she hears the sound of a crow calling out, she looked up to see the crow landing on the ground. " oh, hello" she said softly as she stood up, she slowly walks towards the crow but then black smoke surrounded the crow making (Y/N) stumble back and fall to the ground. the smoke started forming into a human until it disappears as a man stood there. the man takes a breath before looked down at the princess, " hello, princess" he said. (Y/N) gasps in horror, " Diaval" she said as Diaval held out his hand to her. she smacks it away and stood up. " how are you alive?" she asks, " did you really think my master's magic would fade. you humans think little of us." Diaval said as he looked around the moors, " and it looks like you have kept the moors safe from arour, my master will be quite pleased" he said. (Y/N) looks down at her rings as she fiddled with it, diaval turns and sees the ring before looking up at her, " no" he said. (Y/N) looks back up at him and said, " yes" " no" " yes" "no". " I wasn't really asking him" (Y/N) said as diaval took a step in front of her, the moor guard was about to attack Diaval but (Y/N) held up her hand, signaling them to not attack. " nor was he," Diaval said ina threatening tone, " what's next? he'll turn arour into a goat?" (Y/N) asks, Diaval smiled as he thinks making (Y/N) scoff. " mine and arour's love will stop him like before" (Y/N) said, " love doesn't always end well, human" Diaval said. (Y/N) just looks at him in anger, but before she could say anything, flora said, " I'll have you know prince arour is a prince" " a very handsome and charming prince, who defeated your master and will do it again" fauna said, diaval rolled his eyes before turning to the three farries and hissed at them angrily. it's scared them and they flew away, diaval laughs as he turned back to (Y/N), " why are you really here, diaval?" the princess asks, " to warn you, my master knows of your engagement to arour. he is full of rage and will come for his bride and his revenge on your prince charming that stole her from him." diaval then turns and walks away before turning into a crow and flying off into the sky, " Wait?" (Y/N) called out wanting more answers but it was too late, he's gone. (Y/N) sighs as the worry inside of her grew before she realized that she must get ready for her prince charming.