playing dead

The day began with Jennie discovering a small, frayed hole in Jisoo's pillowcase. And then in hers, and then in just about every fabric she had laying around. Swiftly stripping the pillow, the exasperated vampiress strode out to track down the little criminal, gently kicking away chew toys and raw hide, untouched as the day they'd been bought.

"Ji-Soo."

She didn't raise her voice. She didn't have to. Those two syllables alone were enough to get her point across.

Jisoo was to come to her name, and she was to do it, now.

Little squeaks were coming from behind the sofa.

Oh gosh, Jisoo cringed at that double emphasis of doom. If only those paws could dig through concrete, she'd be tunneling her way to Lisa's house by now. Lisa wouldn't mind holes in her sofa... she'd love them, probably!

Unlike mommy... so fussy.

She had to think fast, she could already hear Jennie pretending not to know where she was.

Okay, options? Dash, or play dead. Hm, the first one, however tempting, she knew from her own bible of failed attempts that Jennie was just going to add another goddamned page to it. The latter, far more suitable, Jisoo thought. She was a little actress and although Jennie was somehow able to see right through that insane talent every time, she took it as constructive criticism. Jennie became her sort of Ebert, and she just took it upon herself to do better for next time. Perhaps she'd put on such a good show that Jennie, completely mind blown, would forget to be mad at her altogether.

Plus... 'dead' puppies don't get time-outs, do they? Puppies trying to outrun their mommies wrath for their annoying teething habits very much do, however.

And Jisoo'd be damned if she let that happen the fifth time this week.

So all in all, dash? Get caught. Play dead? Most probably get caught.

She'd take whatever chance she could get, please and thank you.

So when a very suspecting Jennie, only having to follow the trail of mildly destroyed surfaces, rounded the noticeably frayed corner of the sofa, she had to swallow a laugh. From screwed shut eyes, to tongue pointedly sticking out the corner of her mouth... and of course limbs splayed out haphazardly, Jennie was looking at the dictionary definition of dead. Save for the nervous, laboured panting, Jisoo was dead, and only a monster could still be angry after that.

A resigned sigh and head shake later, the vampiress was crouched down beside her poor, unfortunate puppy.

"Oh no, Jichu-ahhhh..." she drew out the pet name, sounding extra teary, "mommy's too upset to be mad anymore... if only there was a way to bring you back, I'd never punish you again."

She rolled her eyes when Jisoo's lip curled upwards in an almost unnoticeable smile. She'd taken the bait and Jennie was prodding on.

"Mhm, no more time-outs for Chu and extra treats before bedtime."

Jennie's attention snapped down to the slightest friction on her foot, caused by a quivering little tail, clearly excited at the whole 'extra treats before bed' proposal. Gosh, Jisoo really did have the sorriest sense of self-control. It was adorable. As adorable as she was gullible.

"Oh?" she exclaimed, already snaking a hand up under Jisoo's fleecy jumper, "what's this? Dead puppies can't wag their tails!"

Fingers began lightly spidering all over Jisoo's tummy, tickling her back to life. Tiny, broken whimpers escaped her and her leg involuntarily started twitching at the increasingly overwhelming sensation, but she still worked hard as ever to keep up the façade.

"Oh my gosh, Jichu! Is it working? Are you alive?"

Light tickles turned into gentle, albeit relentless belly scratches, Jennie knowing exactly which spots to hit.

And there it happened; Jisoo, the ever brilliant actress, broke character, eyes shooting open and desperately trying to pry Jennie's hands away from her, giggling the entire time. But Jennie was having none of that. She wouldn't stop until she was sure her pup was alive and kicking, literally; it was the least she could do. This was a lot more fun than time-out, even Jennie had to admit.

She had Jisoo fully relaxed in no time, leg twitching helplessly under her as she gave in, fingers now curled around Jennie's wrist in attempt to keep it there while she simmered in the delightful feeling.

But she wasn't out of the woods just yet, and Jennie pulled away softly, causing an uncomfortable shift as Jisoo recognized all too well what was being dangled in front of her.

"Jisoo..."

Her tone was firm, scolding.

Realizing there was nowhere left to go from here, Jisoo gingerly peered forward, taking sorry little sniffs at her handiwork, before glancing back up at Jennie, eyes watery and full of remorse.

Jennie had an eyebrow cocked, waiting for the appropriate response.

Jisoo meekly ducked her head, chocolate ears deflating.

"Ji... Jichu sowi mommy... woh-won't do gain..."

Jennie's gaze softened. How could she stay mad at that? She pursed her lips and looked at the material bunched in her fist, then at the little girl staring hard at the floor.

"Cmere, Chu ," she sat cross-legged, patting her lap, "it's okay."

An ear perked up at the affection in that voice.

Jisoo nuzzled up into Jennie's font, nose pressed against her collarbone as she breathed in her scent. Her eyes fluttered closed when she felt the pad of a thumb stroke soft lines down her ear, feeling tingly and warm again. As 'angry' as Jennie had been, she knew it wasn't Jisoo's fault (to a certain extent). She was fully responsible when it came to Jennie having to cover the cost of all the damage, but the little puppy was teething and all she wanted to do was relieve the constant burn in her gums. Jennie quite frankly couldn't wait for the time when she wouldn't be nipped at during random hours of the day, as tolerant as she was.

But when she tried to adjust her grip on Jisoo, she lifted an arm up, only to see a very familiar set of gnashers come with, buried into the hem of her sleeve, a pair of happy, utterly blameless eyes looking up into her own.

"Jisoo-ah."
-

look how cute !! >:( i can see why jennie is so whipped for her 😞