overdose

It was quiet in the house.

A little... too quiet.

Well, too quiet for Jennie's liking, anyway. Because a silent house could only mean one of very few things:

Jisoo's eaten all the biscuits and is now tip-toeing around the house looking for an oh so conspicuous place to hide the tin.

There's a live bomb about to go off and Jisoo's silently saving them all by cuddling it to diffusion.

Jisoo's eaten all the bisc... oh right, okay.

Yeah scrap the list.

Either the biscuit tin was empty, or New York City's bomb squad needed a conference call with Jisoo, pronto. And something about the muffled shuffling in the distance told her it wasn't the latter. She was adorable, but she was also trouble.

In trouble, too... not necessarily only with her mommy.

"JICHU-AH!" the vampiress yelled through palms cupped over her mouth as she beelined to the kitchen.

Of course, there she was in her dedicated spot trying to shove a suspicious looking something behind the recycling bin. Caught; wide-eyed and red-hot handed. Coffee-coloured ears drew back flat against her head and the girl just froze, biscuit tin in hand and everything.

Mommy can't see me... can she?

"Yes, Jichu," Jennie scolded, rolling her eyes. Jisoo's body language screamed her thoughts for her, "mommy can see you very well. Up, now."

A meek little puppy very slowly shifted away from the scene of the crime and was now fidgeting uncomfortably at the cuffs of her jumper sleeves as she tried not to flinch under her mommy's very scary gaze.

"Chu."

Jennie was met with two 'innocent', brown eyes, brimming with remorse.

"Yes, mommy?"

No, the vampiress stopped herself from caving in and scooping Jisoo up to kiss her, she's been naughty. Remember that. No head kisses till she's learned.

"What did you do."

A tiny whimper.

"Jichu..." the girl paused for a sniffle, eyes fixed on the floor, "... ate dino biscuit..."

Pft, biscuit? Oh boy, Jichu, do we need to work on your plurals or what.

"And did mommy say you could have any?"

The smallest head shake. Unimpressed, vampiric silence had Jisoo tense, and she knew what she had to do.

"Mm sowwi mommy, Jichu juh-"

Jennie's lesson of the day was that 'too much of a good thing, isn't always good', but it seemed like Jisoo was about to be neck-deep in first-hand experience.

Her eyes bulged almost comically, frightened and glassy, when she was suddenly stopped mid-apology. She gave a little whine and clutched at her stomach and covered her mouth at the same time. The twenty buttery baked goods she had consumed in under five minutes were wreaking havoc on her poor digestive system, taking their revenge for being so thoughtlessly gobbled down, for sure. Being stern was tossed out the window, and a panicked Jennie was lunging towards the girl and picking her up from under her arms, chanting 'oh my god Jisoo you better not' and 'hold it till we get there' all the way to the bathroom.

Jennie found herself shaking her head as rubbed the back of the girl who was heaving the repercussions of her poor choices right into the toilet bowl, using her knee as a stool. The vampiress cooed despite it all, reaching down to soothe the stiff tail.

Aigo, what are we going to do with you, puppy?

After a good puke and a half, Jisoo was finally rid of the pain and discomfort from wolfing down twice the amount of butter that was good for her. The vampiress just couldn't find it in her to continue where she left off, the sight of her sorry little Jichu tugging at her like it always did. She pressed the puppy closer, missing the way Jisoo's eyes lit up at the first inkling of forgiveness.

"Shh, it's okay baby," she gave Jisoo's back a few reassuring pats as she wetly sniffled into her neck, shivering in distress, "mommy's got you. It's okay."

Jennie got her cleaned up and changed, tucking her into bed for a quick nap to sleep off the trauma. Jisoo clutched at the fluffy comforter and yawned widely, granting Jennie a good look at her healthily growing chompers.

After failing to locate the special someone Jisoo never slept without, the vampiress reached down just under the bed, feeling around as Jisoo watched her, hopeful. She finally curled her fingers around a little mouse shaped cuddly, knowing her puppy had probably kicked him off the bed during one of her 'running' dreams.

Jisoo beamed when she saw dalgom, almost snatching him away upon seeing his singular black button eye. But she remained patient, a good girl, waiting for him to be tucked in with her with happily twitching ears.

As soon as dalgom was snugly fitted in next to her, she gave him a little sniff before glancing back up at Jennie, determined to make amends for her earlier wrongdoing.

"Sowwi that Jichu ate all..."

She seemed like she was about to continue, but Jennie hushed her before she did, fully understanding and needing her to rest and recuperate after what had just happened.

She gingerly smoothed warm, velvet ears flat against the satin pillowcase, "shh, it's okay, mommy knows, mommy knows. Just don't do it again, ya..."

"Mm."

She was about to straighten up and let Jisoo know she'd just be downstairs cleaning up in the kitchen but not making anymore biscuits. Not for a while, at least.

"Ngh, mommy..."

Jennie turned around to Jisoo's outstretched fists open-closing in her direction.

She tried so hard not to let her smile grow too wide, but when it came to Jisoo, hiding your true feelings wasn't really an option. She'd draw it out of you one way or another, and the faster people learnt that, the better it'd be for them.

The vampiress sighed, "you want mommy, too?"

A sure nod.

Jennie huffed, grinning softly as she made her way over to her puppy burrito, about to get down to some serious cuddle business.