gift-wrapped (ft. dalgomie)

The vampiress knows something's up the minute she stirs to the sound of soft sniffling and clogged breathing. She glances a sleepy gaze down at where there's slightly too much warmth radiating from the little body curled into her front. Something pulls at her heartstrings hearing her baby let out shivery whines as her body fights a temperature. Poor puppy isn't having the best of luck in the health department, it seems.

But, it's just a small cold, nothing to fret about! A spoonful of fever medicine, some butter biscuits and an extra heap of mommy's love is all the TLC she needs, right? It's not the end of the world—

— is it?

From the grippy hands and the pleading whimpers when she tries to get up from the bed, it kind of sounds like it is. Curse everything for always being so far away.

"No leave, mommy," Jisoo hiccups out, blinking wide, shiny eyes. She sounds like she's at death's door and Jennie tries to hold in a laugh at her poor, painful baby, cruel as it may seem. "Jichu... h-hurts..."

The way the tears burn a bit more than usual only makes Jisoo want to cry harder. Jennie coos, reaching over to grab a tissue from the bedside table to tenderly dab at tear-streaked, cotton-candy cheeks. "Shh, it's okay, puppy. Mommy's just going to get things to make Chu feel better, don't need to cry. Be a big girl and stay here for me, okay?"

Jennie darts her eyes to a small friend peeking out from the edge of Jisoo's pillow. A small smirk tugs at the corners of her lips as she readies herself for her Emmy Award Winning role as Loving Vampire Mum, co-star to Jisoo's melodrama and fever tears. Dalgomie finds himself plucked from his regular cozy spot and held nose to nose with his creator.

"Oh Dalgom," Jennie makes sure she sees those chocolate ears twitch in response to their second favourite name in the world before continuing to instruct, "Jichu isn't feeling very well today. She's very strong and brave, but she still needs lots of love while I'm gone, okay? Can you do that for me?" From the corner of her eye, a tiny arm outstretched in the direction of the mouse to lightly grab at the cotton tail dangling from her grasp. Her smile softens and she delicately places him in Jisoo's open palm before swiftly making an exit, all too eager to return for an all-day cuddle.

Left all alone and too sickly to even formulate the words, Jisoo simply presses his tummy beans to her hot forehead, hoping her best friend can read her mind.

Is Jichu gonna die?

Dalgomie can't answer that, he can't really say much. He would say 'no' if he could, give her kisses if he could. But he just looks at her through his criss-cross button eye and offers his poor owner a soothing scent and a comforting squeeze. Jisoo gratefully accepts, giving him a weak little sniff before snuggling back down into the duvet, burying her nose into Jennie's pillow.

A few moments later, the vampiress returns to a frowning puppy, eyes closed and cradling her stuffie. Moving as silently as she can, Jennie sets the tray of medication and biscuits and milk down on the table. She catches a fluffy ear tip between her fingers and then sandwiches the warm thing gently between her palms to gauge the fever level.

Oh, ouch. Poor baby. You definitely need a spoonful.

She looks down at the bright pink bottle, then the snoozing pup. Her next challenge is taking the gamble with Jisoo's cooperation. Medicine time doesn't usually sit very well with Jisoo, and Jennie definitely knows this. Come on Chu, be a good girl today.

She can only breathe a sigh of relief when Jisoo sits up all by herself, hanging her head that weighs as much as a bowling ball, mocha-latte ears drooping so lifelessly they almost disappear into messy locks of golden-brown. Despite this, the girl instinctively begins mumbling nonsense when Jennie leans down to press loving kisses to the base of her ears.

"Okay baby," Jennie whispers right into a sad ear between kisses, soft breaths ruffling the fur. "You ready? It'll be over before you know it."

The slightest nod.

"Alright Jichu-ah, here it comes."

Jisoo screws her eyes shut and holds her breath. It tastes awful— and then it's over.

Watery eyes unmistakably sparkle when her treat for being such a well-behaved pup is held up to her nose. She takes a couple of mandatory, searching sniffs to absorb the thrill of a butter biscuit before excited crunches fill the room. Jennie's eyes fall to the intermittent puffing from underneath the duvet accompanied by small, dull thuds.

"Jichu! Happy tail already?" A smile caresses her lips as she lifts the weight off Jisoo's legs to allow wagging fluff to spring free.

Jisoo distractedly murmurs a stuffed-cheeked thank you. "Mm, luv yu mommy."

Jennie gets back into her side of the bed and looks down at a puppy who's definitely already starting to feel better. "Gift-wrapped?" She asks a question she surely knows the answer to.

Crescent moon eyes form as soon as Jisoo gets the duvet snugly tucked under her. 'Gift-wrapping' was a term coined by Jennie as a fun way of satiating Jisoo's curiosity as to how her Christmas presents must feel waiting under the tree all night. But secretly, it's Jennie's way of letting her Chu know how precious she is to her. More than any gift in the world.

After the initial worming around has settled and Jisoo feels herself succumb to sleep again, Jennie picks up a patiently waiting Dalgomie from the edge of the bed and tucks him in with Jisoo. He's nice and toasty warm, nestled safely right under her chin so she can sniff him whenever she needs to.

Jennie's heart melts at the way those fluffy triangles are starting to flick fondly at being a puppy burrito snuggled in bed with the two loves of her life. Suddenly, Jisoo squirms to reach for another dino biscuit, ruining her burrito slightly. She fixes it with a predatory gaze before obliterating it to crumbs.

Well, three loves.

sick puppysoo :(

—sick puppysoo :(