six things vampires love about puppies.

In Jennie's definitely unbiased opinion, Jisoo has too many habits that make her the cutest girl in the world.

Here are just a few of her favorites:

one:

Mornings aren't the best, the vampiress especially can attest to that. But luckily, they have 'Sunshine Time' before school. Just as the gentle morning rays peep through the curtains, Jennie dutifully rouses little puppy, peppering kisses over soft ears, feeling her actions prompt a string of tiny yawns, one big stretch, and the groggiest little mumble of "luv u mummie". Jennie's heart sings at the sound of her title, and she tells her Jichu that she'll never stop loving her too. They brush their teeth, but before they even think about getting ready for the big day of learning ahead, Jennie's bent forward with Jisoo's both hands around her wrist as she toddles over to the window.

She's aimed for her favorite spot in the house, other than the play room, of course. It's a homemade bed thing that Jennie had crafted from an old duvet and some spare blankets. Jennie thinks it kind of looks like a dog bed, but she only smiles when Jisoo gravitates towards it, knowing the penny will drop when little puppy is older. Within minutes, they're in their routine position; Jichu snuggled into her blankies and the vampiress sitting right where the light draws the line into darkness. Jennie's knees hurt sometimes from the strain of how she's sitting– staying in the dark but also reaching over as much as she can to give Jisoo the head pats she deserves (and whines if she doesn't constantly get).

Because it's still relatively early in the morning, Jennie more often than not finds that Jisoo's checked into Dreamland yet again. An adoring sigh leaves her as she detaches herself and lightly pads over to the wardrobe to get her uniform out while her snoozy puppy snores lightly in her puddle of sunshine.

They'll pack lunch together.

. . . . .

two:

Jisoo's sense of smell is vigorous, which is great because it's also how she shows affection. Sometimes, Jennie will find herself with a chestful of mopey puppy in the middle of the day while she's doing whatever she's doing. She presses her nose into Jennie's clothes, or even just her collarbone and takes lungfuls of her mommy's scent.

"What's the matter, puppy?" she coos, gently tilting her sniffling Jichu away from her.

Jisoo's too upset to talk. She wriggles, wanting to latch on again. But Jennie won't give in. Not yet.

She takes the tip of a velvet ear between her fingers, giving it a few soft rolls and watching erratic breathing calm down. Truthfully, there's no need to even ask what the matter is. Those teary eyes can hide nothing from her.

So she resigns, letting Jisoo quietly cuddle into her front.

"It's math homework, isn't it?"

There's a small nod against her followed by heavy inhales. The vampiress whispers to her baby until the hiccups even out and Jisoo is sound asleep. They'll work on those equations later on.

Jennie swears if math was a person, they'd rue the day they ever hurt her Jichu.

. . . . .

three:

On a slightly more serious note, Jennie has had to have some talks with her baby about self-assurance and dignity. It was on a walk one afternoon, and Jisoo had seen some other kids over by the swings.