Chapter 3

Stiles planned on finding the Winchesters however he could. So, he watched reports looking for anything that may be supernatural. He also was using the Brady's library to do more research.  He had two months until he needed to start school again, so he had time to go over everything. He learned that Kansas was hot, a different hot though. Beacon Hills was dry. Kansas wasn't dry or humid, somehow it was just a mix. Stiles had a pile of books stacked as tall as him on the table. Sweat forming on his brow as he furiously skimmed pages. Kansas was a melting pot for all the Supernatural beings. They seem to mate and create hybrids, sending them back out into the world. Some of the pack's younglings sat with him as he mumbled to himself. Telling him different stories and myths they've heard. He had a journal that documented everything he was learning about  the creatures. He was trying to build his own bestiary.

   "Stiles," Chad gave a warm smile. "We have some news about the Winchesters. They heard there was a human staying with us from the West. They want to meet you, it seems they've heard about you in the grapevine. The Argent man, Christopher, has spoken highly of you."

   "Really?" He was thankful that Chris didn't let Void cloud his judgement. "I would love to meet them. Is this like a casual thing? Or do I have to dress up?"

   "What you're wearing is fine," Chad looks him up and down. "They requested that we meet over pie. So, we should go now."

   "Right. Just give me a few minutes to put my books away. I don't want the librarian shunning me for not following basic rules," Stiles jokes. "Should I bring anything? I have an arsenal of potions and plants."

   "I wouldn't." "

   "Right. Okay," Stiles throws all of the books onto a rolling table trying to remember where they all came from. He threw the rest of things into a backpack and then onto his back. He stumbles a little trying to keep up with the wolf. Compared to Chad he looked like a child. He had barely any muscle mass and was just smaller in size. Chad radiated with whatever werewolf charm you seem to acquire after getting the bite. Stiles sometimes wished he had gotten the bite. Though he also wished he was dead, so it didn't really mean anything. "So, are these guys like mafia bosses or something? Are they gonna Al Capone me?"

   "No." He had no joking tone in his voice. Stiles just nods following him into the diner. It wasn't anything special, just like every other diner. Booths lined the sides and tables in the middle. All of the staff wore the same uniforms. There were seven different pies on the specials board, which made Stiles' heart jump a little. Pie was a favorite of his. "This way." Chad led them to a table with three older men at it. Each, giving off their own intimidation. Stiles suddenly felt even smaller. "Winchesters and Angel boy, this is Stiles. The teenage boy who runs with the True Alpha in the west."

    "Hi. I have been doing a lot of research on you guys. You have quite the record. It really makes mine look weak and I have been building it since I was fifteen. My dad makes it pretty easy getting out of charges," Stiles laughs. "Anyways, I am Stiles Stilinski."

   "Stiles?" The middle one asked with a brow raised. "What kind of name is that?" 

   "It's a nickname," he explains. "My actual first name is a nightmare. I do not even try to give people it."

  "What my brother, Dean, is trying to say," the long haired one said. "We are the Winchesters, I am Sam. This is Castiel. Chris had mentioned you a few times. He says that you are a pretty smart kid. You are the one who kept the Hale alpha in line?" Castiel was staring at Stiles strangely.

   "Tried to. That really just means that instead of inflicting his anger on everyone else, he inflicted it on me," Stiles shrugs. "He is all bark and no bite though. Honestly, I have only seen him physically hurt a few people. Emotionally, that is another story. You know when I was sixteen, he climbed into my bedroom window and threatened to rip my throat out. He was also wanted by the police for the murder of his sister and I am the Sheriff's son." Stiles had realized he just gave up Derek's story. He was so dead. Derek was going to come here and kill him "You know, I should probably be quiet. He will kill me if he finds out I said that."