Chapter 30

"Stiles? Do you have any of those balls of yarn?" Lydia called.
    "Not that I know of," Stiles sighed. "I haven't needed to use it in a while. Why?"
     "I heard that knitting calms the brain and I have been trying to find different ways to control my abilities," Lydia explains. "Why are you still in bed?"
    "I'm trying to win this bet."
    "What bet?"
    "I told Isaac I could stay in bed for two days to heal. But he's not making it easy as he keeps leaving," Stiles grumbled.
     "Well, as much fun as that sounds. I only stopped here for yarn. I told Allison that I'd watch them train today," Lydia nods. "Have fun laying in bed."
    "They're training?" Stiles perked.
   "Yeah," she nods. "Do you want to come?"
    "I shouldn't... But, I feel fine. I really need to get back at Dean for last week," Stiles argued in his head. "Screw it. I'll talk to Derek later." He got out of bed quickly and changed. "Hand me that tape stuff." She grabbed the black tape from the dresser and tossed it to him. "This helps with the pain and it keeps it from becoming too ridged again. When I healed Isaac, I got the hole in my abdomen here and it bled a lot and tore some things. But it healed. It still hurts though." 
     "Are you sure you should go?" She asked and he gave her a look. "Yeah I know. Just don't tell them this was my idea."
    "Please, they know me," he chuckled following her to her car. Upon arriving at the Argents, Isaac was the first person to scold Stiles for coming. Then came Jackson. "Guys, I'm fine. Really. I've done some healing magic. Drank a lot of water. Even took one of those fancy pills Deaton gave me. I'm fine."
     "You shouldn't be training today," Dean explains. "I don't trust your magic to rebuild everything you've lost. You lost a lot of blood."
    "Dean, don't be so over protective. I think you're scared of me beating you this time," Stiles laughed. "Come on old man."
     "That's not gonna work with me kid."
    "How about we start of easy," Allison suggests. "We play a good old fashion game of hide and seek."
    "Fine," Stiles nods. "We will choose teams from a hat to make it fair. For the pack, who doesn't know what's going on... The game is simple, one team goes into the woods and hides. Traps are on the table. A team member gets hit they're out for the healing process. I think we should add a capture the flag essence and if the other team gets the flag on their land, they win. will use these guns. They aren't lethal. Last game lasted an hour. With larger teams expect it go on for longer. Also I will do whatever it takes to win."
    "Last time he hid in a tree and got stuck," Derek rolled his eyes.
     "Well at least you didn't get stuck in vines," Jackson said.
     "Anyways," Stiles clapped. "Here's the hat." Stiles held out his hand and a hat landed in it. "Team one is Scott because that's how it always is. And team two will be Chris because that's who I pulled out of the hat." He held up the name. "Alright pull your teams. One team will have an extra player."
    "My team is Sam, Cas, Jack, Allison, Malia, Kira, Lydia, Mason and Corey," Chris said.
"Great," Allison nods. "You're going down."
"Okay Scott's team is Dean, Liam, Theo, Stiles, Isaac, Derek, Jackson, and Peter," Chris nods at Scott. "Flip a coin for seekers."
"Heads," Scott called.
"Tails. You guys go hide," Allison winked. "And Stiles, if you get hurt out there, I'll kick your ass."
"Please me get hurt," Stiles laughed. "I held our team together last time."
"Let's go," Issac rolled his eyes pulling Stiles into the trees. "What's the plan?"
"Well, this is like cops and robbers right? Don't get shot or caught," Scott says. "So we need to get somewhere that can be like a base. Keeps us away from the fire of the other team."
"We need traps," Stiles said.
"Why do we need traps?" Theo asked.
"To slow them down. They might be primarily human but they are quick. Sam and Lydia are both extremely smart so they need something to take time," Stiles explained looking at Scott for help.
"Okay," Scott nods. "Set the traps."
"You're gonna trust him?" Theo scoffed.
"He saved our asses," Jackson shoved his finger into Theo's chest.
"From what? There was barely a threat," Theo laughed.
"Because of Stiles!" Jackson snapped and Theo got closer.
"Down dog," Stiles pointed his finger at Theo. "Or you'll find out what I can do without my magic."
"I would stay down," Dean advises. "What do you want us to do kid?"
"Okay with the two angels... We need to keep them grounded so I'm thinking maybe rain?" Stiles rose a brow. "It stops them from just popping in. We throw Malias sense of smell off with the rain and her coyote senses go alert. Same with the boyfriends. A layer of mud keeps Lydia in."
"You can make it rain?" Liam asked making Peter and Dean snicker.
"Oh you sweet child," Stiles pats his cheek. "Two things, I can do whatever I want. Two never phrase anything like that again."
"Right..."
"Okay, Scott, you up for it?"
"Let's do it." Stiles had a face of mischief as he gave a wink to his former best friend. The sky quickly grew dark and thunder rolled in the distance before the drops started coming. "Great now Theo and Liam you guys go out to the left and round towards the creek. Peter you go right with Dean. Stiles can you get us a base?"
"Where go we put a base?" Derek asked. "There's nothing but trees."
"Don't be such a sour wolf," stiles sighed. "We get to the creek I can get us a base. We have five minutes to get there and set up."
"What you aren't gonna take clothes off again?" Issac laughed.
"No because their team has two wolves and whatever Mason is," Stiles sighed. "But I will set similar traps. Holes. You know."
     "Stiles do me a favor," Jackson's stops. "Never take your clothes off put here again."
"No promises bud," Stiles continued after Scott. "Okay Scott take a step back." He knelt down feeling the fallen branches and dirt. "Okay, I need a stone, water, and a branch. Not too big of a branch though."
"For?"
"Water makes mud, which will create a salve for the branch to stick to the rock. So when I use my magic, the rock will be the base and the mud resembles the bind and the branch is the walls. Not everything can just create it's self," Stiles explains. "Lucky for us though, we don't need to go to the creek for water though we may need to go there for the stone."
"I think he just wants to show off to Scott," Jackson mumbled trudging past them. "If I ruin another pair of shoes, Stiles..."
"I'm not scared to buy you shoes, Jackson. And why do you keep wearing nice shoes out here? Really it's on you now," Stiles laughed.
"He has a point," Derek agreed following Jackson.
"Don't you start."
"What's going on between them?" Scott asked watching the two walk further into the trees. "They are acting weird."
"They are dating," Stiles laughed. "You couldn't see the sexual tension there?"
"No?"
"Well they are either dating or they're a weird friends with benefit thing," Stiles shrugged scooping wet dirt from the ground. "I don't know when it happened. But they've been like this since Mexico." He molded the mud into a sticky ball waiting for them to get back. "What's up with you and Malia?"
"What? Nothing."
"Scott," he laughed. "I don't care that you two are going out. Really. I think it's nice for the two of you. I mean your personalities are actually kind of similar. Both hard headed and determined. Always looking out for someone else. It's nice."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Honestly, I wish I was here to push you two into each other. Would have loved to see the beginning of it. Instead I was on the other side of the world."
"I shouldn't have been so hard on you."
"It doesn't matter now."
"Yes it does and if you want to hit me or something you can. You didn't deserve to go through what you did because of me. I should have been supportive and I definitely should have known you were going through something. I was being selfish."
"Yes you were."
"And yelling at you and blaming you for everything wasn't fair. It wasn't your fault that any of this happened. It's mine. It follows me as the true alpha."
"Right."
"And I was a jerk. I think it was just easier to blame you because then I didn't need to look at it as my own fault. And seeing you out there making yourself better was hard because I didn't get to be a part of it. I felt abandoned because I wasn't getting anywhere. But I know now that I shouldn't be holding you back and no matter what I'll have your back from now on."
"Good."
"So do you forgive me?" Scott asks giving his infamous round brown eyes.
"Scott, me and you, we're brothers. I always had your back and I always will. And we are gonna fight. But that's what brother do I guess," Stiles nods. "And you're right. You should have been there when I needed you and I am angry. I was angry. But I'm not anymore. I want you to know that. And I'm willing to rebuild our friendship, if you are of course. Even if you don't want to, I will still be your brother."
"Of course I want to," Scott nods.
"Good because I wasn't gonna let you go without you saying that," Stiles smiled. "Now we have a game to win." He played with ball of mud. "Boys the stone and branch?" Each was handed to him. "Perfect." He put the odd looking thing on the ground whispering a few words of affirmation as he stood. "This fort will stand eight feet tall. Will withhold the power of a werewolf, chimera, and kitsune. This fort will bring protection from the rain, sun, snow, and wind. And will hold base to those who are being sought."
     "It's a simple fort why are you talking like you're building a home?" Jackson shook his head. "We only need it for this stupid team building game."
     "Do you want it to collapse under pressure?" Stiles hums. "Besides wouldn't it be cool to come back here after we all have families? Tell kids how we played hide and seek and used this fort."
    "I don't care right now," Jackson rolled his eyes. "And I can hear them coming." 
     "Then go inside," Stiles moved showing a fort. "Don't say I didn't help."
     "How?"
     "Stop asking how and start thinking about all of the possibilities," Stiles pats Jackson's shoulders. "I'll be back in a blink." He landed feet from Allison and Lydia who whirled around at the sound of leaves rustling. "Ladies."
     "What are you doing?" Lydia rose a brow. "Isn't the whole part of this game for us to get you?"
     "You could try," Stiles shrugged as Allison brought her gun up. "But where am I?" He multiplied around them. "Which one is the real me?"
    "Funny," Allison laughed. "The thought of multiple of you doesn't give me a headache. I could shoot all of them."
     "Then do it," Stiles smiled. "Or would shooting me hurt you? Or Lydia? Or your dad? Hell maybe shooting me hurts all of you. Never know unless you try."
     "You can't play the same game," she shook her head. "I know this trick."
    "Is it a trick? We never did find out," Stiles said. "Willing to play the risk? It wouldn't be fatal, your team would be back up in minutes."
    "He's bluffing," Lydia laughed. "Stiles would never do that. Especially not to me."
    "Wouldn't that be the game though?" Stiles looks at the girl who easily matched his intelligence. "I would never put you in any fatal danger, Lydia. These are just stun guns. And if you try and I did put the spell on you then we both go down. Can your team really afford to have their smartest member be out of play for even minutes?"
    "Third from the tree," a Lydia points. "That's him."
    "Sure?"
     "Positive." A shot rang out and Stiles disappeared. "Now what?"
     "He's not gonna leave easily," Allison said. "This was a trap."
    Sam was a mile East with Chris, Cas, and Jack. Jack was questioning why they were out in the rain and Sam was explaining the game. Stiles chuckled to himself. "Jack, the point of the game is to play though rain or shine. When you play hunter. You are learning what you do when we have to find someone. When you are the one being sought, well that's when we learn just how good our survival skills are. Don't be too uptight. The rain is a little cold but killing doesn't stop because weather." 
     "A little game?" Sam asked. "Taunting won't help."
    "Neither does talking about the game. Besides I haven't even started taunting. I can taunt if you'd like," Stiles laughed. "All is fair in love and war."
    "If that's true then you won't mind our own game?" Chris hums. "Have fun getting out." Chris threw something that exploded in a cloud of dust around him. Stiles coughed and waved away the grey cloud. He went to step forwards but was stuck. "You can move when the rain washes away the line. Bye now Stiles."
    "Funny," stiles laughed. "Good one."
    "Have fun," Sam waves as they start walking away.
    "You can't leave me here! What if some animal comes out?" Stiles called. "No? Okay good talk." He swore to himself.
     "What's taking Stiles so long?" Scott asked.
     "He's probably having fun in the rain," Jackson sighed. "Plus he likes to taunt opponents."
    "He's usually quick though. He probably got himself caught," Dean explained. "But when in doubt he's agile and can fight his way out."
    "Stiles can fight his way out?" Peter chuckled. "The kids a toothpick and gets knocked down by a lacrosse ball. I have faith in the kid don't get me wrong. But he is not a fighter."
    "He is now."
    "Should we send someone out?" Scott asked.
    "We already have Isaac and Derek checking the perimeter," Dean said. "Do you think we can afford to lose any one else on the team?"
    "If we find stiles though. We find the other two if they're caught," Scott explains. "Finding him is our best hope at winning."
    "Well we need people here," Peter said.
    "Liam and Theo," Scott points. "Go out and find Stiles. Peter and Dean you guys will run perimeter when Isaac and Derek get back. If you someone attack. Don't let them close."
     "And what are you doing?" Jackson asked.
    "I'm gonna bait them in. We get them surrounded. We win but I can't do that if we don't have anyone," Scott explained.
"Stupid ash circle," Stiles grumbled trying to get the circle to break. "I can't believe they trapped me in the rain."
"Stiles?" Liam called. "What are you doing?"
"Hanging out," Stiles rolled his eyes. "Chris trapped me with this stupid circle."
"How do we get you our?" Theo asked.
"The line has to be broken. Just like with mountain ash," Stiles explained. "So get a stick and move the line." Liam nods looking around on the ground for a discarded stick. "Oh my god! Get the stick boy. Get the stick."
"Here," Theo rolled his eyes breaking a branch off a smaller tree before scratching it across the ground.
"Good boy," Stiles pat his shoulder. "Okay, there of them went that way. But, they needed me off their trail. I'm guessing their scents lead that way though..." he points past the two boys who nod. "Right. Well, that means we need to get back to base."
    "Why is this game important?" Theo groaned.
    "Team building," Stiles sighed. "Trust. Learning about one another. And it builds our skills for the next threat. Just think of it as LARP."
    "Seriously?" They both look at Stiles now. "Look. This is stupid, Stilinski, if I wanted to run around in the rain all day I'd go to lacrosse practice. And we both know that I don't need to be here and the only reason I am is because Scott knew you were stuck. He sent me to get your hopeless ass." Liam rolled his eyes at the other kid. "What? Liam?"
    "You always do that. You're here because you wanted to be. Scott doesn't care if you come to these or not. And you don't even play lacrosse anymore." Theo was ready to argue.
    "You guys are hopeless. Look, you are gonna have to learn how to keep those stupid little remarks to yourself. We already have guys who whine about everything. Suck it up and remember that if I hear another bitchy ass remark come from either of your mouths I will send you to literal hell. I am not a baby sitter and I do not care if you get traumatized. I'm here to make sure you stay alive," Stiles hissed. "You think I can't take care of myself Theo? Fine, maybe I don't have the strength like you do. I can admit that. But I do know that somehow, I have been able to keep myself alive even when I was dead. You don't know me and I don't know you. And I can make assumptions. Like your fear of losing. Your fear of getting too close to people. In all reality Theo, I think you are here because you're a scared little shit."
     "Easy for you to say that now," Theo laughed shaking his head coming into the opening in front of the base. "When you're boyfriend is here to protect you." Stiles laughed now before making a quick turn throwing the kid into the nearest tree.
    "I don't need my boyfriend to protect me from you," Stiles gripped. "Don't think for one second I would hesitate to maim you. I know what you did when I wasn't here. To Lydia, to Corey, to Scott, to my dad. I know what you did. Be grateful I haven't killed you yet."
    "Stiles," Scott was behind him. "Back down."
    "Don't worry, Scott, I'm not gonna kill him," Stiles rolled his eyes.
     "I know," Scott nods stepping closer. "I know you won't kill him. But, he's working on bettering himself."
    "He doesn't care about any of us."
    "I know," Scott says again. "He has his moments. He is learning. We can't throw him out yet. I've tried already."
    "Stiles," Dean called. "You've already got the kid quivering like a chihuahua. I think you've made your point." Stiles nods before dropping his hold and turning away.
     "I knew you were weak," Theo chuckled and Scott couldn't stop him now from punching the kid square in the jaw. Theo stumbled back into the tree hitting his head. His nose bleeding.
    "Thank you," Jackson laughed lightly. "I've been wanting to punch him since I've seen his face." Isaac, Dean, Peter and Derek nod in agreement. "Good for you."
     "My hand really hurts now," Stiles grumbled looking down at his bruising knuckles. "I swear if Scott didn't get their fucking flag."
     "Oh I got it," Scott smiled widely. "Good timing."
     "Don't get too cocky. We have to have it for a consecutive ten minutes. They have ten minutes to get over here and kick our asses," Dean explains.