Chapter 31

"How did you know to stall like that?" Isaac asked sitting next to Stiles with a bag of ice now. They watched the rest of the pack laugh together on the porch of the new Argent home.
    "I didn't know exactly but I could feel them close. So, instead of holding back with Theo, I just hit him," Stiles shrugged. "What better kind of distraction then the one that's unintentional."
     "How bad does it hurt?" He asks.
    "I've had worse," Stiles shrugged. He stretched his side out.
    "That didn't answer my question."
    "I know, I didn't want it to. Jack looks like he's fitting in. And Dean and Sam, they fell into place with Chris and even Peter. And surprisingly Derek hasn't tried to rip Dean's head off." Isaac chuckled. "I didn't think I was ready to be back. I don't know where I'm supposed to be now. Do I stay here? Do I go to Kansas? Do I go back to France? Find somewhere new?"
    "What about all of them?" Isaac rose a brow. "Dean and Sam are national hunters. You could be anywhere in seconds."
    "Yeah, but I don't know if that's what I want to do either," Stiles sighed. "Hunting? I want to help. I've always pictured myself being a cop."
    "Then be a cop. I have no doubt you'd be amazing."
    "And if I'm not?"
    "Then we do something else. We travel the world. Help save endangered packs. Teach other hunters that not every supernatural being should die," Isaac shrugged. "Or we build a house in the mountains and become hermits. Actually, no, being locked with you until death seems like a prison sentence and I mean that in the best way possible. I just need space."
    "Ditto."
    "They all look happy."
    "Yeah they do," Stiles nods laying his head on Isaac's shoulder. "I'm glad I got to see this again. The genuine smiles and laughs. Allison's laugh." He watched Liam retell the events prior to lunch as dramatically as he could. 
     "It's peaceful now," Isaac says.
     "Yeah it is. I forgot what it was like to be so close to all of them and not feel guilty," Stiles hums. "Even Derek is smiling. I haven't seen that smile since he saw Cora."
    "I wonder if she's still single..."
    "Please, I have a better chance then you do. She liked me more and if anything she'd date Lydia or Erica."
    "You're right."
     "Say that again but slower. You'll remember it better." Stiles laughed now. "This is all I wanted, you know. To see this again."
"I know," Isaac nods. "What else do you want?"
"I don't know," Stiles shrugged. "I wish Erica and Boyd could be here. And that I brought Aiden back. Ethan is recovering, but I know seeing Allison hurts him."
"You can't go back," Isaac mumbled.
"I know... But," his mouth fell closed.
"Nothing is gonna change my mind about this, Stiles. You cannot die again," Isaac faced him, the words grabbing the attention of the surrounding pack members. "This is one of those times that you have to listen to me for. If you die again, I mean it, I will not forgive you."
"What are you talking about?" Allison frowned. "Why are you talking about that?"
"I was just wondering what it would be like if I did get Erica and Boyd to come back," Stiles sighs. "They'd love this. We'd have everyone back."
"You can't have everything you want," Derek said.
"I know."
"You tried," Allison said.
"I'm sure they are just as happy knowing you saved the town," Isaac nods. "They are with Laura helping people pass on. Helping wolves on the other side."
"Laura as well," Stiles sighed. "Even Thalia. They all deserve to be alive."
     "Not that my word means anything, but I'd rather not have my sister and niece come back to life," Peter mumbled.
    "I'd love to see them kick your ass," Malia laughed.
    "I also wish I could have seen my mom," Stiles shrugged. "I wish I could have seen her not sick for once, even if she were dead. I wish I could have seen her again, how she should have looked."
     "She wasn't there?" Scott asked.
     "No, she was already moved on," Stiles explains. "Saw my aunt though, she's still a good conversation."
     "Isn't that good though? She's in a better place," Lydia asks.
     "Of course it is. I am so happy she moved on. But there's a part of me who's angry about it," Stiles shrugged before rubbing his side. "It's just me being selfish."
     "It's okay to be angry about it," Derek says. "It's all apart of death."
     "The other side of death isn't any better," Allison nods. "Being stuck in Beacon Hills, watching all of the souls come in and go. The pain of death above all. When you are murdered, there's that dull ache where the wound would be. Even as your basically healed, there's still pain. Then the constant empty feeling."
     "Thanks," Stiles nods. "I feel better about leaving them there."
     "Sorry."
     "They didn't want to come back," Isaac reassured the other. "They told you that. You just have to take that as it is. You did everything you could. It's okay. They are okay."
    "Stiles," Theo swallowed. "Everyone who was there...They all died in Beacon Hills?"
     "Yeah."
     "How long do they stay there?" He asked.
     "As long as they need to," Stiles shrugged. "Depends if they get closure or not. And on what they did and how they died. I read that a person who died can also put off passing over until they want."
    "That... Okay," Theo nods.
     "Who are you scared of being there?" Jackson asked.
"Doesn't matter."
"He's scared of his sister being there," Liam rolled his eyes.
"Shut up!"
"Your sister? What did you do to her?" Isaac laughed.
"Nothing."
"He killed her."
"I'm going to kill you," Theo snarled.
"Common knowledge," Liam shrugged.
"Why?"
"Because he wanted to be a natural chimera."
"What the hell?" Dean crossed his arms.
"Look, it was a long time ago. I didn't know what I was going."
"I'm not judging you," Stiles shrugged. "Well, maybe I am a little. But I don't know the story."
"She was 8," Malia said.
"Not helping."
"Eight?" Dean shouted. "As in eight short human years? What kind of a sick son of a bitch?"
"I was younger!" Theo swallowed. "I was five or six. I didn't know what I was going okay. I was being coerced by the dread doctors. I didn't know what I was going."
"Okay, everyone take a minute to breathe, yeah? Most of us have done some very questionable things right? Sometimes we didn't know we were doing it, sometimes we did," Stiles nods shifting his position to find a more comfortable way to sit. "Not saying that I like the kid, but we are the last people to be judging him." Jackson opened his mouth to argue. "No. You killed people under the influence of Matt. Peter just killed people, including his niece. Dean and Sam have killed a lot of people, some were innocent. Chris, you threatened to kill all of us. So did Allison. Allison though, she went as far to torture some of us here. Isaac, you beat the literal hell out of us all. Derek, you threatened to kill me every time we saw each other until I turned eighteen. Scott, well you've never done anything wrong your entire life other than be a dick. Malia, you haven't directly killed anyone but you also were an animal for a decade. And you know your parents don't have a good track record. Liam, I thought you were gonna kill me a few times. Lydia, you emotionally abused many for years. Kira, I have nothing bad to say about you. You're an angel and I don't know the background of the two of you." He gestures to mason and Corey. "Look, Theo, for the sake of my friendship to Scott and the others here... Also the over whelming stupid part of my body screaming at me to give you a chance, I am willing to put you on probation. I think the two of us have more in common then either of us want to admit and together I'm sure we can raise a lot of hell. So for the sake of the pack, I'd like to call a truce."
"You were beating the shit out me literally an hour ago?" Theo frowned.
     "Please, you healed didn't you? If I really wanted to, I could have easily made it so you couldn't. So, do you accept my truce or not?" Stiles sighed.
     "Fine, I accept your truce," Theo rolled his eyes.
    "Good," stiles nods. "Doesn't mean I won't stop making fun of you."
     "Wouldn't expect you too."
    "Stiles," Scott nods his head asking to be followed. Which Stiles obliges following him into the house. "Was that real?"
    "The speech? Well, I think so. Did anything happen while I was gone? I mean did I miss something?" Stiles asks.
    "Not the speech, your truce to Theo, was it real?" Scott asks.
    "Oh, I mean as much as it could be. He's on probation," Stiles nods. "Why?"
    "Thanks."
    "What?"
    "Thank you," he says again. "For all of that and the game. I'm glad you're back."
    "Anything for you Scotty," Stiles nods. "Now, this is awkward so I'm gonna pretend that I was called by Isaac."
  "Right."
  "Coming!" Stiles called rubbing his neck before exiting the unpacked dining room. "Shit!" He was knocked down by Dean. "What the fuck?!" Isaac and Jackson snicker from across yard. Stiles could feel the tape move making the ache in his abdomen growing.
     "You were off your guard."
    "I'm sorry that I wasn't expecting a fifty year old man to come out of the wood works to push me over!" Stiles shouted back.
     "I am not fifty," Dean scoffs. "What if someone was here to kill you."
     "Then I guess I would die! But look at all the other people here who would be here as well who aren't dead!" Stiles argued.
     "What if they were busy?"
     "I would know something was up if there was fighting going on! You're ridiculous," Stiles wiped the dirt off his clothes. "Also, watch out because I'm taking you down."
"Whatever," Dean rolled his eyes. "Would love to see you try."
"We need to train," Stiles rose a brow. "Same time tomorrow morning. I have to work with Sam tonight."
"Fine," Dean agrees. "Why do you have to work with Sam?"
"Studying," Stiles shrugged and stretched out his arms. "Umm, Derek, can I talk to you before we leave?"
    "Why?"
    "Because I need to ask you something."
    "What?"
    "If you come and talk to me, you'd know," Stiles rolled his eyes. "Please?"
    "Fine...." He followed Stiles into the house again. "What is it?"
     "So, Isaac and I made a deal that if I could not get through the last few days resting that I would talk to you about your plans. Well, I guess that I made it through the first day fine. But, I was bored today. I know I should have stayed home. I'm gonna feel it later too." Stiles rambled.
    "Are you trying to tell me that you should not have come here and you're in pain?" Derek frowned.
    "What? No that's not what I'm trying to say," Stiles sighed. "Well, maybe I am trying to say that too. But, that's besides the point right now. Are you staying here in Beacon Hills? And if you aren't, which I totally get, can Isaac and I stay at the loft?"
    "You want to move in with Isaac?" Derek was slightly amused. "I haven't talked to Jackson about staying or not. But if you want somewhere to stay, I have another place I'm thinking about buying. Right now, you just focus on graduating."
    "Really? I mean you don't have to do anything because we asked. We can make something up. I'm sure," Stiles frowned. "Graduation is next week." Derek nods. "I was trying to get Isaac to participate in graduation. There's no way he's going to."
    "I'll talk to him," Derek nods. "But, don't put all of your hope into it."
    "Never would. Your motivational speeches suck," Stiles laughed and noticed Sam at the door. "Ive gotta go. But, thanks Derek."
    "Did you tell him why we're going?" Sam rose a brow. "You should tell someone."
    "I'm not telling anyone because it's not a big deal," Stiles shook his head getting into the car. "We are going to figure this out. Call your witch friend if you have to."
    "Stiles, that's not the point," Sam shook his head. "Your side hasn't healed and your magic won't heal it. You have to figure this out because if not you could die."
    "I'm not dying. Not again. I promised Isaac," Stiles explained. "That's why we are figuring this out no matter what. Even if I have to go to Alena alone."
    "You're not going anywhere alone," Sam argued. "Look, I'm just saying that maybe you should have told Isaac. Deaton and I are looking for everything we have but those pills will only get you so far."
     "It will be fine," Stiles pushed open the door to the vets office. "Dr Dee got anything for me?"
    "I would prefer if you don't call me that," Deaton shook his head. "And no, nothing has come up yet. I need you to tell me every possible detail you remember from the day. Every spell. Every word. Everything." Stiles nods reciting what he remembered. "Time manipulation? You stopped time?"
     "Yeah?" Stiles frowned.
     "Well, I need a moment to factor that in but that could be why your wound isn't healing correctly," Deaton hums looking through the books stacked on his table. "If I can't figure this out, you'll need to be prepared for the worst."
    "Always prepared for the worst," Stiles shrugged. "Look, I know we can get to the bottom of this. It will be fine."
    "I am going to call Rowena to ask about this. I need to find a way to get Alena here," Sam sighed. "I'll be back."
    "Let me see it," Deaton instructs. "Get on the table."
    "Yes sir." He climbs up on the table lifting his shirt and the vet peels the tape away. Stiles let's out a hiss when the last of it is ripped from his skin.
    "The black marks are spreading," Deaton says more to himself. "Edging out to the torso from the wound. Creating a cracking effect." His fingers graze the black marks. "They are rough to the touch." He takes a wet 4/4 gauze and runs it over the wound cleaning it. "Drainage is consistent with the last check. Yellowing blood. No clotting or scabbing still." Stiles now notices the recording device in his chest pocket. "Biopsy is being taken from the center of the wound and the black markings. A culture test is also being done again."
    "Is it gonna hurt?"
    "Not more then getting shot," Deaton shrugs. "We need them to study the wound further. These black marks are new and I want to know why it's spreading."