Miles Edgeworth is a Massive Sap

Miles made himself comfortable in his chair while he held Phoenix's hand. The two of them were on a plane flying to Los Angeles, back from their one week vacation in Germany. The spiky haired man expressed his wish to seeing the place where Miles' grew up and since the prosecutor has never been good at denying him things outside of the courtroom, they booked one week at a hotel in München and spend their time sightseeing. On the last day he took Wright to a fancy restaurant on the shore of the Isar river before they took a walk in a nearby park. The night seemed perfect as the two of them kept on talking about everything and nothing. 

He took his boyfriend to a more secluded side of the park before he got down on one knee and pulled out a small velvet box. Phoenix, ever the impatient person, didn't even let him finish talking before he threw his arms around him and kissed him deeply. He repeatedly said yes with tears in his eyes as he kissed every cm of Miles' face. The prosecutor barely had time time to slide the ring on before he was kissed again.

The ring was custom made and very thought out, he tried to keep it simple as he knew Phoenix was not a fan of extravagant things. It was a simple 1 cm wide gold band with the scales of justice engraved, on one scale was a small ruby while on the other was a sapphire. Every time he caught his fiancé fiddle with his golden band, dopey smile on his face, Miles couldn't help himself but smile as well.

Now they were returning home as they both had work in 2 days. Maya was coming to visit which meant they needed to pick her up from the train station. The spirit medium has boldly declared that she wants to be the first to see the ring after Wright told her the news. Luckily the apartment that the two men shared was more than big enough to accommodate her, as well as Franziska, who will no doubt also come to visit and offer her congratulations.

But for now it was just the two of them. Phoenix had fallen asleep and was lightly snoring on Miles' shoulder, one pair of headphones slipping out of his left ear. Miles had the other half as he watched the newest Steel Samurai movie, he squeezed his fiancé's hand and kissed his forehead before returning his attention to the movie. 

...

They arrived in LA at 5 in the afternoon, he and Wright got off the plane and made their way to get their luggage. Miles' wine red suitcase as well as Rhoda Teneiro's retina-searing gift suitcase that Phoenix insisted on taking. It's so ugly, Miles! I need to use it! They both were extremely jetlagged but very happy as they made their way hand in hand to get a cab. Once they arrived home, they changed in more comfortable clothes and ordered takeout for dinner, both too tired to cook anything.

They ordered from an Indian restaurant and ate the extremely spicy food on the couch in the living room as they watched a courtroom drama and nitpicked it out. They both fell asleep cuddling on the couch.

...

 Next morning Miles got woken up by his phone's ringtone. The prosecutor reluctantly lifted his head from his fiancé's chest, the spiky haired man letting out a whine of disapproval as he tightened his arms around his waist, and cursed whoever decided to bother him on a free day as he answered the phone.

"Edgeworth." he said, voice hoarse with sleep and a hint of annoyance.

"Yo, Miles." said a very familiar voice.

Miles sighed as he face planted back into Phoenix's chest, the defense attorney grunting before letting out a small chuckle, treading his fingers through dark gray hair. "What is it, Ray?"

"Wow, good morning to you too, Miles. And I need you to come to the Los Angeles General Hospital, room 215. It's kinda urgent."

Miles suddenly felt more awake at the mention of a hospital. "Are you hurt?"

"No, no I'm fine, but...look it's hard to explain and I'd rather not tell you over the phone. It's one of those situations where it's better if you see for yourself."

"Alright, I'll be there in one hour."

"Thanks kid. Room 215, don't forget." and with that he ended the call. A sense of uncharacteristic laziness hit the prosecutor at the thought of getting up.

"Who was that?" asked Phoenix, once the both of them got up. Their backs were sore from sleeping on the couch.

"Raymond, he asked me to come to the hospital. For what reason I don't know."

"Mmm..." Phoenix rested his head on his fiancé's shoulder. "Want me to come with you?"

"It's not necessary but if you want to..."

Wright smiled before kissing his cheek as he got up. "Got it. How about I go make us something to eat while you take a shower and then we head out?"

"Alright. Try not to set the toaster on fire this time."

"That was one time!"

...

After eating a quick, and surprisingly not burned, breakfast, Miles and Phoenix got dressed up in more casual clothing and left for the hospital. Miles was wearing a white shirt under a black sweater, with a maroon jacket and black jeans, Phoenix went for a black t-shirt and a jeans jacket. They arrived at the hospital an hour later, parked Miles' fancy red sports car, told the old lady at the front desk they'll be heading to room 215 and went down the left hallway. Once at the corresponding door the prosecutor knocked on the door and entered once receiving an answer.

"Ray what is it you-" Miles froze as he saw the occupants of the room. Raymond was sitting in a plastic chair, cup of coffee in hand while next to him, in a hospital bed was his father.

His very much alive father. The older attorney smiled warmly at his son. "Miles, my boy. It's good to see you!"