Eye of the Storm

Pearl was standing near the window of her guest room in the Edgeworth-Wright household. The only light in the room came from a street light outside. The rain pelted the window viciously and the young girl couldn't help but think that the sky was also crying for Mystic Maya.

Pearl sniffed quietly as she clutched her magatama necklace to her chest. Poor Mystic Maya...She must be so scared, all alone in that giant cavern, cold and without food. She wishes she could help somehow. But Mr. Nick forbade her from staying the night at the temple. So she couldn't even help save Mystic Maya. All she could do was cry silently in her room.

She wiped her tears with the sleeve of her fluffy Pink Princess nightgown and tried to grab another tissue from the box to wipe her nose when she realized it was empty. This revelation only made her cry harder, not only couldn't she help Mystic Maya, but now she also wasted all of Mr. Nick's tissues. She truly was useless.

Just then the door to her guest room opened and light from the hallway flooded her room. She looked at her door to see a puff of light brown hair. She recognized the figure immediately.

"S-Sebastian? What are you doing here?" asked Pearl.

"I couldn't sleep. I was on my way to get some water from the kitchen when I passed by your room and heard someone crying. Are you feeling ok Pearls?" said Sebastian.

"I-.....I'm worried about Mystic Maya...She's all alone at the temple...with no one to keep her company...no food or water...I also overheard Mr. Godot saying she could be dead..." More water pooled around her eyes as Sebastian wrapped his arms around the young girl. He didn't really have much experience with comforting people but he wasn't about to let Pearl cry alone in the dark. He knows very well how horrible that feels.

Wordlessly he picks the young girl up and she immediately latches onto his musical themed blue pajamas. He gets them to the living room and places Pearl on the couch. Then he speedwalks to the kitchen and brings out 2 boxes of orange juice and Ms. von Karma's special white chocolate and raspberry cookies. He hopes the german woman can forgive him for raiding her stash, as this was an emergency. He also takes out a new box of tissues for the young girl.

Once he makes it to the couch, he hands her a tissue and a juice box before putting the plate of cookies on the coffee table. Sebastian goes around the couch and takes one of the blankets from underneath the expandable armchair. He drapes it around Pearl, who was showing signs of calming down and puts an arm around her. He may not know how to comfort people, but one thing he does know is that hugs always feel nice. In the end he and Pearl end up watching one of Mr. Edgeworth's Steel Samurai movies.

In the morning Miles finds the two cuddled on the couch with an eaten plate of cookies, sound asleep. He takes the blanket that has fallen off and drapes it over them before going to make breakfast.

...

Phoenix was boiling in the defendant's lobby. He was very scared for Maya, this morning Miles called Franziska to ask for updates only to find out they barely made any progress. She's been stuck there for almost 3 days. He hoped she was fine, Phoenix doesn't know if he could ever face Mia if he let her precious little sister perish in such a cruel way.

He was snapped out of his mussings when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw it was Gregory. The older man smiled warmly at him.

"Maya will be fine, Phoenix. You just concentrate on helping Iris, ok?"

"Right..."

"No you're Wright."