Maya and Franziska Sitting in a Tree

Miles could not believe it! Out of all the bullheaded, stubborn, idiotical and dull-witted things Phoenix had ever done, this one had to be the most foolish. Yesterday he was in the hospital after falling from a bridge and now here he was, standing in front of Dusky Bridge, in the cold snow, to investigate. His fever barely broke this morning. He had half a mind to throw him back in the car and drive him back home where he would stay until he recovered.

"Phoenix...are you sure you're well enough to do this? Yesterday you were still slightly delirious from your fever." said Miles.

"Ach, come on Miles. My fever has gone down quite a bit. Besides, I only promised to make you do this on the first day of the trial. I'll be fine." said Phoenix. 

Miles shared a glance with his father before Gregory spoke. "Very well, if you believe you are well enough to investigate, we won't stop you."

"Thank you." said Phoenix. "Actually, Raymond told me all about today's trial. You did really well, Miles."

"Yeah, I heard you were amazing Mr. Edgeworth!" said Kay, who should not be here.

"What are you doing here, Kay?" asked Miles.

"I came to investigate!" said Kay. "Mr. Wright needs an investigation partner with Miss Maya still M.I.A. and who is better to fill that role than The Great Thief Yatagarasu! Sebby said he's coming too after his trial against that defense attorney, Kristoph Gavin is over. We're all really worried about Miss Maya and Pearly."

Miles pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright then...But you really should have taken some warmer clothing."  Miles, Gregory, Phoenix and Gumshoe were all wearing thick winter coats and while Kay did have a pink puffy winter coat and earmuffs on, he doubted that those thin black leggings under her skirt kept her any warm.

"I'll be fine! If I get cold I'll just run around to warm myself." Miles doubted that would work, but said nothing more on this matter. Although he did send Phoenix a look that said How could you let her leave the house so underdressed. Wright's answer was a look that said You try and convince her.

After the silent conversation between the fiancés, the little group made their way to the temple entrance where they split up to cover more ground. Gumshoe and Gregory went to the bridge to see how the rebuilding was going, Kay and Miles went to the crime scene to use Little Thief and try to uncover more clues while Phoenix went to meet with sister Bikini.

...

Unfortunately the crime scene was unable to reveal anything more, even Little Thief wasn't much help. However they did meet with someone else there. One Franziska von Karma was also investigating the place. The german woman acted slightly suspicious and seemed to possess a previously unknown knowledge about the Fey clan and culture. She also expressed her annoyance at the slow pace that the bridge was being rebuilt. When Miles asked her about it, her answer surprised him.

"I'm looking for Maya Fey, obviously. Both she and Pearl Fey are still missing afterall." said Franziska.

"Yes, I am aware. However you seemed concerned. Tell me Franziska, why do you wish to find Maya?" asked Miles.

"I-...She was here the night of the murder. I am merely searching for a potential witness...To uncover the truth." she finished lamely.

"Truly? Only that? And your newfound knowledge on the Kurain Channeling Technique?"