Franziska, Miles and Gregory Commit Arson

It was a cold late January day, a rented black car was driving through the snow filled streets of München. The destination? A huge mansion near the suburbs. Yesterday, Miles received a call from Franziska, who was back in Germany, to come to the von Karma mansion first thing tomorrow morning. Apparently the time has finally come for the inheritance to be discussed.

Franziska's mother, Adelheid von Karma, has passed away a long time ago, back when Franziska was 6. Manfred's oldest daughter, Annika, has already made it clear she doesn't want anything to do with her late father, so she took a large sum of money and left everything else to Franziska. Everything ranging from the remaining huge sums of money, the von Karma mansion, the apartment in Berlin, the house in LA, and the 4 mostly unused vacation houses, 2 in America and 2 in Germany.

And so, Miles took his father and drove for almost 7 hours down the highway to meet with his sister. While he doesn't expect to get a part of the inheritance, Miles still has various belongings in that house that he wishes to keep, such as the various letters he received through the years from Phoenix, or his father's old attorney badge that is hidden underneath a floor board in his room, least of all Manfred finds it. But now that the old prosecutor is dead, he can finally return it to its rightful owner.

He nears the mansion and the housekeeper opens the gates. Herr Diener Schnell is a tall, very slim old man with short white hair, a thick mustache and sunny face. He has been in charge of the house with his twin sister Rein, a just as tall woman with grey hair put in a bun and a permanent scowl. 

He parks the car and walks up the stairs with his father, Rein is already at the door, opening it for them and ready to take their coats. They enter the mansion and he can already tell his father is quite fascinated. He can't exactly blame him, since he was the same the first time he walked here. They make their way to the main room where he finds Franziska sitting in one of the velvet chairs in front of the fireplace. His sister, ever the petty one, gets up to greet his father first before she addresses him.

"Miles Edgeworth, thank you for coming. I believe we must discuss the inheritance and how we'll share the sum of money and properties."

"Is there anything for me to inherit? Because last I checked your father disowned me and took me off his will. I was under the impression that I was here to take my belongings away."

"While you are correct that my father has taken you off his will, you are still my little brother and as such I see it fit that I share my inheritance with you. Also I believe papa would have a stroke if he knew that the man that gave him a penalty and the man who defeated him will also benefit from it." she was looking at Gregory as she said this, with a glint in her eyes.

Miles blinked at his sister in surprise before schooling his features. "Very well, if that is what you wish, let us commence. Father, would you like to join us?"

"Me?" said Gregory confused. "What help would I be in this? I'm pretty sure two brilliant lawyers such as yourselves can figure it out."

"While that may be true, the company is always appreciated and I'm sure you would want to assist us in burning all of Papa's belongings in the courtyard." said Franziska with a small smirk.

Gregory put his hand under his jaw as if he was in deep thought. He paused for a few seconds for dramatic effect before grinning wildly. "It would be my pleasure."

...

The trio settled comfortably by the fireplace with the necessary paperwork. Frau Rein brought them some earl grey and they started discussing the boring part, the money. It was settled rather quickly, as neither sibling cared much about it, a straight half and half. The von Karma mansion was settled just as fast, with a quick "You wanna keep this place, Franziska? Scheiße no!" Any objects of sentimental value would be deposited in a storehouse and all of the portraits depicting Manfred von Karma shall meet their fiery end soon enough with the rest of his belongings. All that remained were the 4 vacation houses.