Peter x Reader Imagine

This was requested by @glitterv0mit

Y/n POV:
I was casually sitting with my friends at lunch. My best friend/crush, Peter, was unusually silent today. "Everything alright, Peter?" I asked. "Oh! Uh...yeah" he responded. I couldn't help but worry about him. "You can talk to me; I'm your best friend", I said. He sighed and looked at me. "Y/n... I was wondering if you'd wanna-" Peter said before he got interrupted by the theatre-kid bully, Grace. "What's this? Some pathetic saps that can't count during warm-ups...or act" she said in a snarky manner. "We get it, you're the lead actress in the school play", I said. "We didn't want to be your stagehands, we had to, or it was detention for us. Should've taken detention" Peter said while nudging me. We snickered and Grace was not pleased. "If you amateurs do anything to ruin my performance tonight, you're dead!" Grace threatened. I rolled my eyes. Grace walked away in a huff. "Sorry about whatever that was. What were you going to say before, Peter?" I asked. "I was wondering if you wanted to..." he said while hesitating. "Wanted to..?" I ask. "...wanted to...ruin the play on opening night?" Peter asked. "Peter, you son of a bitch, let's do it!" I exclaimed. We high-fived and continued talking with our other friends.

Peter POV:
'Damn! I was so close to asking her out', I thought to myself. The bell rang, and we had to go to our theater class, where Grace (A.K.A miss prissy drama queen), wouldn't shut up about how good she was while everyone was trying to practice. It got old very quick, but our idiot drama teacher favored her, so she wasn't doing anything to shut her up.

3rd Person POV:
After school, Peter and Y/n devised a plan to sabotage the play on opening night. "Okay, so what do you think of putting banana peels on stage?" Y/n asked. "Nah! It's gotta be something huge!" Peter exclaimed. After a few more minutes of brainstorming, they decided on dumping two buckets of Kool-aid on Grace when she comes out on stage. "Not only will it stain her costume like Hell, but she'll be so embarrassed too" Y/n snickered. Thirty minutes before curtain, Y/n and Peter got everything they needed. They set everything up while the actors were busy getting ready. Just then, Grace came up to them in her costume. "Don't screw anything up tonight! Don't forget that I'm playing Juliet, and if you do anything to make me look bad in front of my Romeo, I'll kick both of your asses!" Grace threatened. "Don't worry, Princess, we know how to follow those stupid director's orders. I would highly suggest that you start being nice to us" Y/n responded. "And why's that?" Grace asked in a snarky manner. "Because...uh...because-" "Five minuets till curtain!" Mrs. McDowell shouted. *"Thank you five minutes" Everyone responded. Grace walked away and snickered. "Y/n...we're gonna destroy this bitch" Peter mumbled. Y/n nodded in agreement and climbed up the backstage balcony, where the *fly is. As soon as they got up there, the play started. As the first few scenes were occurring, Peter and Y/n started talking while waiting for Grace's balcony scene to come. Y/n was admiring Peter while he was focused on watching for Grace. "Hey, Peter, can I ask you something while we wait?" Y/n asked. "Sure, Y/n, what's up?" Peter asked in return. "Do you happen to like anyone? Like as a crush-type thing" Y/n asked. Peter blushed and looked back down to the stage. "I guess not, hehe" Y/n said. Peter looked back at Y/n and cleared his throat. "Y/n... I gotta be honest" Peter said. Before he could say anything else, Grace came out for the balcony scene. "Oh Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou?" Grace recited. Y/n and Peter grabbed the buckets and poured away while laughing. Grace screamed and looked up to see Y/n and Peter laughing at her. The guy who played Romeo was trying not to laugh, but Mrs. McDowell was not happy. The audience booed at such cruelty. Y/n and Peter were busted and suspended from school for two weeks.

Y/n POV:
I'm so pissed right now! Grace has been bullying me and Peter for the whole year, yet we get into trouble for getting revenge. I was listening to some music on my walkman after my mom took away my computer privileges. Just then, there was a phone call. Mom answered, because I'm not allowed to use the phone either. "Hello? Oh...hi, Peter" mom said. She knows that he was involved, which made her think that I should stop hanging out with him. "Now, I know you and Y/n were being bullied, but what you did was still very wrong. I'll allow the two of you to talk for a little bit, but that's it" mom said. She came into my room, and handed me the phone.

Y/n: "Hey, Peter, how're you holding up?"
Peter: "I'm doing fine. I'm sorry I gotcha in trouble"
Y/n: "No need to apologize, I had fun. Also, can I ask you something I never got to ask you?"
Peter: Sure, Y/n"
Y/n: "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go on a date, like a date-date; when we're not grounded anymore, hehe"
Peter: "Holy shit...you serious?"
Y/n: "Well...yeah. I like you, Peter, as more than a friend. I've kind of felt this way for a while"
Peter: "I'd like that! I feel the same!"

I did a happy dance around my room. I was practically walking on sunshine at that moment. Just then, mom came in, wanting the phone back. We said our goodbyes and I gave it back. I didn't care that I was grounded; my crush likes me back, and we're going on a date...when we aren't grounded anymore.

*Fly - (Theater) The area over the stage (out of view of the audience) used to store scenery (drop curtains) dramatic art, dramaturgy, theater, theatre, dramatics - the art of writing and producing plays.

*Thank you five minutes - The response to a specific time until curtain call. Applies to all times: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.