Charlie x Reader Imagine

This imagine was requested by @Naya_Bae19

E/c - Eye Color

Y/n POV:
As a military brat, it's not easy having to move from school to school. It's especially not easy not seeing my dad for long periods of time. This next school...Eden Hall (I think that's what it's called), sounds like an absolute nightmare. I've been bullied for being new before, but this time might be worse because I heard spoiled rich kids go there. I hate those types of people. My mom yelled for me to come down for dinner. "Y/n! Dinner's ready! We're having your favorite tonight: ribeye steak with that white wine butter sauce you like. I also made baked potatoes" she said. I begrudgingly make my way downstairs.

3rd Person POV :
Y/n gets to the table and sees her mother and brother. "Everything okay, hun? You're awfully quiet. This is one of your favorites" Y/n's mother said. Y/n wanted to open up, but she felt that she would ruin the mood. She just started eating. Josh, Y/n's younger brother, spoke up. "Is this about your first day of school tomorrow" he asked. "Truth is I'm terrified. I don't know anyone there" Y/n confessed. "But, Y/n, our friends from childhood will be there" Brandon said. Y/n looked confused. "Y'know: Fulton, Guy, Connie, Charlie"? As soon as Y/n heard Charlie's name, her heart skipped a beat. She had the biggest crush on him, but never told him before her father got stationed in Germany; which meant they had to leave Minnesota. But now that they're back in town, she figured that it might be the time to ask Charlie out.

*The Next Morning*

Y/n POV:
My alarm clock woke me up at 5. I yawned and told myself to get this day over with. I looked through a moving box with my clothes and picked out this outfit:

Y/n POV:I then fixed my hair into this style ( short, medium or long can apply)

Y/n POV:
I then fixed my hair into this style ( short, medium or long can apply). I put on this makeup (same photo):

Y/n POV:I check my reflection and take a deep breath

Y/n POV:
I check my reflection and take a deep breath. "Okay, Y/n, you can do this. If he says no; my world will not end" I said. I went to the kitchen and smelled a childhood favorite of mine: Apple pie pancakes with sausages. "Mom? What're you doing up so early" I ask. "Morning honey! I just wanted to surprise you and your brother with your first day of school favorite" she said. I sat down and she made me a plate. "Extra streusel topping, just the way you like it" she beamed. After I finished eating, she drove me to school. I asked if she could bring me to the gate directly. I got out and looked around. I headed for the school building. I was going to the headmaster's office, but I got lost and stumbled upon what looks like the auditorium. It was full whilst a man was talking. I quietly stand in the back. Just as I was about doze off from boredom, a loud noise came from backstage. The curtains fell on some kids. Then, a familiar face popped up. "Hi...we're the ducks" he said. My jaw dropped. Is that Charlie? He looks even more handsome now!

* Afterwards *

Charlie POV:
'Was that Y/n I saw earlier? I hardly recognized her. She's....pretty now. I haven't seen her in about two, maybe three, years' I said to myself. "Mr. Conway! Is there something you'd like to share with the class? Especially during this important lesson" my english teacher snapped. Everyone looked at me and snickered. My face turned red. "No...sorry" I said. The teacher just rolled his eyes at me and walked back to his desk. After class, he wanted to talk to me. "I've noticed that you seem to be easily distracted. I don't want this to affect your grades in the future" he said. Before I could speak; someone walked through the door. It was Y/n! She spoke up. "I'm sorry, is this English 1" she asked. "Yes. What do you want" he sneered. "Hey! Don't talk to her like that" I yelled. "And don't forget that I control your grades, Mr. Conway. One more little slip of that tongue, and you're taking me again next year" he threatened. I walked off, grabbed Y/n's hand and stormed out. "Who talks to people that way" Y/n said. After a few minutes, she then smiled at me. "Thanks for standing up for me back there, Spazway" she said. "It's no problem. And, no one actually calls me that anymore. I've gotten a lot better since then" I said. "Oh! I'm really sorry" she said. "It's okay. It's so good to see you again" I said pulling her into a hug. She hugs back. I missed her warm hugs. "So...how have things been" she asked. "A lot of things happened: to say the least" I said.

3rd Person POV :
Charlie and Y/n walked to the cafeteria to meet up with the team. As the approached their friend's table, Averman looked up. "Y/n? Is that you?! I haven't seen you in years" Averman exclaimed. Everyone else looked up and greeted Y/n excitedly. Five of the players didn't look familiar to Y/n. She decided to introduce herself. "Hi" she said. "Hi yourself, chica" a boy with hazel eyes said, smirking. "Hands off, Luis" Charlie said, glaring at him. "Howdy! I'm Dwayne" a boy with a cowboy hat said, extending his hand out. Y/n shook his hand. "That's Dwayne. Don't worry, he's friendly" Charlie said. "That's Julie, Ken and Russ" "Hi. It's really nice to meet you all" Y/n said. As everyone was socializing, Y/n felt a presence behind her. She turned around and looked up. It was some blonde guy in a varsity jacket, and he didn't seem very nice. "Look at all this fresh meat, Rick" he said, eying me. "Awwww. They're so small and helpless. Attending a school they don't belong to." Rick said. "This one's cute. I think she likes me" he said, rubbing Y/n's shoulders (with them grody, unwashed man hands🤢). "Get the hell away from her" Charlie yelled, swinging at him. The whole cafeteria looked in their direction and started yelling for them to fight. The blonde guy tries to punch Charlie, but saw the dean walking in. He pretends to be hurt. "Please help us 🥺" he said to the dean. "Everyone be quiet" the dean yelled. "And you! You're coming with me" he tells Charlie. "Riley, get Cole to the nurse" he said to the jocks. They walked out, smirking at Charlie. "This behavior is absolutely unacceptable! I expected better from Bombay's ducks. You are hereby suspended for three days. I'm calling your parents". The ducks, especially Y/n, looked worried.

* After School *

Y/n POV:
I'm furious! My best friend and crush just got suspended for something he didn't even do. After a while, I decided to walk around town to help myself calm down. "There's Goldberg's deli! Glad to see that place is still open" I said. "And there's Hans' shop" I exclaimed. Eventually, I stumbled across Mickey's diner. I walked inside hoping to see Charlie in there. Sure enough, there he was sitting at the counter! I sat next to him. "Hey" I said, smiling. He looks at me and smiles too. "Hey Y/n" he responded. "It's been so long since I've been in here. It seems like yesterday we were eating patty melts and playing hockey. I really missed you" I say. "I missed you too. How about we order some patty melts with some disco fries to share? Just like old times" he says. We ordered our food and I got to see Ms. Conway again. Our orders came soon after and we ate and talked like the good old days. Just as I was reaching for a fry, Charlie's hand touched mine! I look at him. He looks at our hands. "Sorry...I wanted a fry" he said, blushing. "It's okay. Think we could stay like this" I ask. His eyes widen in surprise, but he nods yes. After a moment of silence, I come clean. "You know, even though we haven't seen each other in a while...I still kind of have a crush on you. And yes, I always have" I confess. His face lights up and his smile gets bigger. "Really? To be honest, I've always kind of felt the same" he says. Without thinking, I kiss him out of excitement. "Just as bold from when we were younger. That's my Y/n" he says. We finish eating and talk more with Ms. Conway. It's so good to be home!