Adam x Reader Imagine (Trigger Warning: Anxiety)

Requested by Mighty_Ducks_charlie

Trigger Warning: Anxiety and Public Speaking

Y/n POV:
"Excellent job on your French Revolution presentation, Jessica. Alright, let's see who's next...Y/n, it's your turn to present your project" my teacher said. I stop breathing. 'Why me? Why now? I knew I should have stayed home today" I said to myself. I can't focus on anything else at this moment. I reluctantly get up and stand in front of the class. My throat hurts and my palms are sweating. Everyone is staring at me. I try to catch my breath. I hold up my paper and start reading out loud. "The Industrial Revolution was a...time when...people were overworked...and..." I trailed off. "Mr. Hudson she's so quiet. Can't she speak up instead of being an attention-whore...again" my main tormentor, Brayden, sneered. Everyone laughed, except for my boyfriend Adam. I can't take it anymore! "I'm sorry" I say, running out of the classroom crying. I run to the girls bathroom and lock myself in a stall. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach, but I can't bring myself to vomit. I just want this waking nightmare to end!

Adam's POV:
Thank goodness Mr. Hudson has some freaking common sense and sent Brayden to the principal's office. I just want to find Y/n and tell her everything's gonna be okay. "Since we have about 10 minutes left, the rest of you will present tomorrow" Mr. Hudson said. I ask him if I can go find Y/n. "Sure. Just make sure you grab your belongings" he said. I quickly gather everything up and leave to find Y/n. I walk for a bit, and then I hear crying. I stand outside of the girl's bathroom and call out to Y/n. "Y/n? It's me, Adam. Please come out of there. I promise that everything is okay now" I say. "Adam? Please don't come near me. I'm a mess and I just don't want you to see me like this again" Y/n says. I don't care about getting in trouble right now, so I break the rules and go in. I stand outside of her stall. "I only care about making sure you feel safe right now. At least do the breathing exercises with me" I say. We each inhale and exhale repeatedly and slowly. After a few minutes of breathing, Y/n decided to open her stall door. My heart hurts for her. I hug her and bury her face in my shoulder. She breaks down and holds me around my waist. "It's all over now baby. You're so brave, and I'm so proud of you for going up there" I say. "You really mean it" she asks, looking up at me. "Of course. Come on, let's go to my place after the bell rings, okay?" Y/n nods and kisses his cheek. "I'm such a lucky girl to have you" Y/n says. I kiss her forehead in response.

* A note from the author: I'm really sorry if this offends anyone, or if anything is inaccurate/unrealistic. This was my first time writing about anxiety, so I would like to hear some feedback so that I can write about it properly. Thank you all for your patience❤️