Chapter 1

Irisviel Von Einzbern. That is the name of his supposed mother. He didn't know much about Illya's mother. Besides the fact that her grandfather lied to her at a young age that Kiritsugu abandoned her for him, causing her to spite him and try to murder him within the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Sella and Leysritt are homunculus maids for the Einzbern family. In this world, it seems like Kiritsugu travels overseas a lot for jobs that he wishes not to tell his family about. Although he already knows all too well the jobs that Kiritsugu takes.

Shirou of course learned about Kiritsugu from some of his missions which he took as a mercenary freelancer of sorts. Learning how many dangerous enemies Kiritsugu made. How many people he's killed... Seems like Kiritsugu is still the same. Even after being in another world. But he seems happy with his family here...

In all honestly. He still can't believe that this is all real. How any of this happened? Even he doesn't know. All he can say though is that he is glad that he's able to be free from that hell... Though... He doesn't feel like it'll take a bit for him to get used to all of this.

First. Living in human flesh once again is odd. A Servant is manifested out of pure ether. And they can only live on in the world being supplied with Magical Energy. Unless you're a Counter Guardian which diverts from a Heroic Spirit of course. Or even a Grand Servant which manifests to take care of a Beast Class Servant. A Beast is an enemy to humanity. And a Grand Servant is a counter towards those Beast.

Another thing he would have to get used to is keeping himself in shape. What he means is that since he's in a human body again. He's gonna have to eat now. A human body can't go without eating or drinking to stay hydrated and let go of the hunger.

His looks... Just looking at his reflection makes him frustrated. It makes him wanna punch his reflection so bad... It makes him wanna kill himse—

No. Calm yourself. It's all in the past now... He's free. He no longer has to be tormented or feel hatred. He's finally free. But at the same time, he also hates himself when he was young. A naive and foolish boy who didn't know what he was getting himself into.

"Alright, you two~ Take care~"

Shirou looks on at Irisviel who waves at both him and Illya off to school... It's weird... He doesn't know how to react towards his "mother". He's never had a mother figure in his life. Nor a normal family to be with, in general that he can remember. Most of the past he cannot remember so he isn't sure if he's had any family at all besides Kiritsugu and Illya...

It's odd. He's living in a world without the Holy Grail War. The very grail that you can say that ruined his life and lead to him getting adopted. That leaves the question to his mind still. How did he get adopted? In this world that is?

Surely if the Grail War isn't here. Then the Fuyuki Fire didn't spread as well.

"Mm~ Mm~" He looked over to his side and stared at Illya. She's wearing a school girl's clothing. Of course, it's probably because most schools have dress codes that is. Yet he's wearing the Homurahara Academy boy's school uniform. This almost feels nostalgic... It clicks in his mind memories but they're still too far gone out.

"Onii-Chan."

"Yes? What is it, Illya?" Saying her name once again feels nostalgic (He's said it enough times but he can't get over the nostalgia.) and even brings happiness into his heart again...

"Mitsuzuri Onee-Chan called again this morning asking for you!"

"Mitsuzuri...?"

Crackle

He winced at the memory/flashback that he quickly got in his mind. A smile. Short brown hair. Dressed nicely with a huge bow.

"Hai! Mitsuziri Onee-Chan was asking again if you're gonna go back to the Archery Club." Illya says to him.

He remains quiet. Another headache quickly washed into his head causing him to feel nauseous but pulls through.

Ayako Mutsuzuri. Year 2 of Class A while also being known as the Captain of the Archery Club.

Memories of her bugging him with trying to make him go back to the club after he quit.

"Why is it that you quit anyway? You're so good at Archery, Onii-Chan!" Illya practically pouted at him. He couldn't help but snort a little.

"I have my reasons Illya." He told her causing the girl to only pout again.

"Ah! We're here! Thank you Onii-Chan! See you later!" Illya quickly hugged him as she then ran off to the huge building where other students her age were walking into.

Huh. He's never seen that building in his life. Everywhere he's walked around Fuyuki. Bits and bits of memories of the area around him would come back to him. Allowing him to remember where is where. What stores there are and the streets. Yet looking at the school in front of him. He's never seen it in his life or his memories.

He looks at the building one last time before walking away and towards his destination. With his bag slouched over his back while walking. Taking his time. It's strange, isn't it? A man who gets turned back into his teenage years and goes to school even though he graduated long ago in another world. Now having to relive his life all over again. Maybe this time he can finally relax and calm himself.

Looking around, he then decided it was safe.

"Trace On." With his aria activated, magical energy flooded his circuits as green lines were shown over his arms as they reached down to his palms. In his hand, he gripped an imaginary handle as he suddenly brought forth a broadsword that he held firmly in his hand.

A broadsword of a knight that was stained by a beast that he picked up during his missions. The sword isn't all that impressive but he looks at it. He then disperses the blade and continues walking. His Magecraft is still intact after all this time. He's still able to use tracing which took a long time for him to master up. He looks off at the distance and sees the Academy. Seeing students talking already and walking into the Academy. It's a good thing he has his schedule and locker number in his bag when he checked. Otherwise, he would have been lost in which class he is in.

"Senpai!" Hmm. Sheesh. People are noisy this morning— "Senpai!" Very noisy...

He remains quiet. Yet his eyes widened at the voice now listening to it.

Crackle

"Senpai..."

Crackle

He puts a hand to his head. Another memory. Another headache... That voice...

"Sakura..." He muttered. Turning around to look at the voice of the girl. Sakura Matou. What he saw made him widen his eyes.

"Morning, Senpai." Sakura bowed to him. But he kept his eyes widened.

Aqua eyes. Brown hair... The same ribbon she wore. But her hair and eyes don't match... Not the purple hair and eyes he once knew of.

"Sakura..." Shirou whispered.

———————————————————————————

Word Count: 1,228