Chapter 2

"How have you been Senpai?"

"I've... Been doing alright I guess. What a-about you?" Still shaken from his friend's appearance. He can't help but feel a bit shaken from this. It's weird. Memories of her that he has, her eyes and hair color were different. Yet... She's still acting the same lovable and cute Kouhai that he once knew of.

Heh. He can't help but feel pity. He has no right to speak to Sakura. Even more when he is talking to the one that he abandoned with everyone else in his life. He strived away from family. Friends. Focusing on his ideals.

The moment he fell true to his path; was the moment he also abandoned everyone he once knew.

"I'm doing well. You seem shaken. Are you alright?" Sakura asked him.

"Y-yeah."

"Nee-San has asked me to tell you if you can stop by later to help fix something."

"Nee-San?"

"Yes. She wanted me to tell you as soon as I got the chance too." Sakura said.

"Well alright. I'll see what I can do after I pick up Illya." Shirou said.

"If you want, after picking up Illya. She can come too. I'm sure Nee-San wouldn't mind!" Sakura said.

"W-well..."

"And it'll save you the time from taking Illya home to  then going to our home!" Sakura pushed further.

"Alright, alright. I get it. It'll be up to Illya to decide if she wants to come though." Shirou said. Defeated by Sakura's persistence who smiled gleefully. He can only fall silent as he walked into the school building.

It's the same as ever...

This school didn't change... Even in another world.

How amusing.

"Emiya!"

"Good morning Ryuudou-Senpai." Sakura said.

"As to you Sakura. Your sister wouldn't happen to be here as well... Would she?"

"No. She won't be able to be at school today sadly." Sakura said.

"Good— I mean how tragic. Tell her I send my regards." Issei said.

"Did you need something... Issei?" Shirou asked. His mind can only wince at the overload of forgotten memories that are springing forth to him. Such a pain...

"Nothing much. I-it's just—"

"WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!"

"Gah!"

Lots of students can only look in fear as some have sadly gotten hit by the fury of the captain of the Archery Club.

"Mitsuzuri-San was looking for you..." Issei mumbled.

"There you are!" Ayako said with a huff as she stopped right in front of Shirou who only blinks at her.

"I'm not joining the Archery Club."

"Kuh!" An instant imaginary arrow stabbed Ayako's heart at the instant rejection. She didn't even get to say anything at all.

"You got some nerve Emiya." Ayako said with a scoff to Shirou.

"E-erm..." Shirou looked at Sakura for help but all she gave was a smile, then he looked at Issei and his friend only gave him a look of pity.

"Can you at least consider it again, like really consider it?" Ayako asked Shirou this time calmer.

"You're quite persistent aren't you?"

"Hell yeah, I am! I'm not letting you get away from me so easily just because you quit! You got damn potential! You've already shown you have potential!" Ayako said.

"Please... It's not that impressive." Shirou whispered.

"Just expect of Emiya. He doesn't let his talents get to his head and boosting his nonexistent ego. Keep up the amazing work Emiya." Issei said.

"Senpai... You really don't find nothing of yourself to be quite fascinating don't you?" Sakura said with a small frown.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Sakura is right about that Emiya. You do tend to not give yourself much credit. Come on now, lighten up a little at least from time to time instead of being quite serious." Ayako said.

"Indeed... You tend to be quite... Selfless. It's almost worrying with how much a tiny bit of self-worth you have." Issei said.

'Even in another world, without the fire to have made me who I was, something tragic happened to have still caused me to be a selfless person...' Shirou thought to himself with a small frown.

Noticing as he sees his three friends talk while he was silent. He truly has never noticed it huh?

Reliving his life all over again... Like watching a memory in real-time where you can only do nothing but just watch.

How strange life can be... It's like a sort of torture to him. Having to relive his own life all over. Even though he is free from his contract with the world. He can't help but feel as if he's been mocked by being put in a world where he still acts quite the same, but where he has a family... Kiritsugu is still alive, he has a (adoptive) mother he never knew and a younger sister who was his older sister is living a happy life. While he had to struggle to see his older sister slowly dying as she was a homunculus, therefore she wouldn't live for long...

Sakura isn't abused. The Fuyuki Holy Grail War never happened. The Fuyuki Fire. Angra Mainyu... That priest and so forth...

This is just...

A normal world.

It's enough to make him feel... Envious perhaps.

He couldn't help but grimace at all of this. Looking out the window while seeing students walking by chattering with each other. Everyone was happy.

A world without the Holy Grail War... He stared at his reflection over the window blankly.

The way he spoke with Issei, Ayako, and even Sakura wasn't what he would normally be like. Even with his family.

It was him speaking... But not him at the same time. Seems like the Shirou Emiya of this world is merging with him at the same time. They're becoming a single Shirou Emiya in this body.

"What's with all the sudden noise this early morning?" Shirou asked as he cut his thoughts off when he began to hear many students chattering loudly.

"They never really give them a break... Do they?" Ayako asked with a sigh.

"Popularity sure does bring a lot of boost within the students after all." Issei said.

"Popularity?"  Shirou asked.

He never really cared about popularity in his past life, neither in this one as well from what he feels.

"My... I do feel bad for them quite some times. Having to deal with all their fans." Sakura said with a small smile as they all looked at the far hall where students were crowding until they suddenly split up while still talking.

"The infamous leader of the Kendo Club... And the following members..." Ayako mumbled.

Shirou looked on as the popular club members were revealed. He didn't care much but was intrigued. But when he saw the one walking in the middle. His eyes widened.

"Captain of the Kendo Club, Artoria Pendragon." Issei mumbled.

-~-

Word Count: 1,152