Chapter 8

"You do have quite an interesting family..." Shirou said as he was sitting next to Artoria. Sweating a bit as it's only the two of them, besides the fact he's being glared at by Artoria's father and what appears to be her siblings.

"I apologize about them... They're quite overprotective if I must say..." Artoria said with a frown as she closed her eyes... But she felt the stares continue on, making her ticked off. "Will you all stop staring!" Artoria yelled as she turned to look at the door where her father and brothers were peaking at them in silence.

"How can we?! You brought a boy to our house!" Artoria's father said.

"What did you do to her bastard?!" One of the siblings said.

"We'll kill you if we find out you're dating her!" The other sibling said.

"All of you... Please calm down..." The youngest sibling said.

Shirou can only look on at the family in silence. Artoria does seem to change mood if her family is around. She truly screams like a lion...

"I'm Gawain. Father of Artoria Pendragon." Gawain said.

"I'm Kay. Her older brother."

"I'm Lancelot. Her older brother as well."

"Bedivere. The younger brother of Artoria. I'm happy to meet you. It's rare to see Artoria being home somebody to the house. So I'm happy to see you here. Let's get along." Bedivere said.

"Don't be so nice to the enemy!" Gawain, Kay, and Lancelot all yelled at Bedivere who continued to smile.

"Shirou Emiya. Sorry for disturbing you all for today..." Shirou said as he scratched the back of his head. "If I would have realized I would have been such a bother, then I should have rejected Artoria's offer..." Shirou said.

"You're not a bother Shirou." Artoria said.

"YES H—"

"Shut it. The three of you." Artoria said coldly towards her father and older siblings.

"Saber..." Shirou whispered quietly. Artoria perked up at the name and looked at Shirou. Though it seemed he didn't realize what he said, he can only look on at her family. "Artoria and I are not in any sort of relationship if that's what you're worried about. The two of us are only friends and she invited me to eat." Shirou said.

"Oh? Well why didn't you say so in the beginning?" Gawain said with a sigh of relief. "Artoria isn't allowed to date a boy unless I have approval, alongside her brothers." Gawain said.

"Do not take it against us. We're merely doing what's best for Artoria." Lancelot said. 

"Though if she does get one without our approval and if you break her heart."

"We'll kill you." The three brothers and Gawain said.

"N-noted..." Shirou said with a gulp. "Your family is scary..." Shirou whispered towards Artoria.

Artoria can only chuckle as she smiled.

"They may be intimidating. But they're quite harmless. They wouldn't hurt anyone unless they deem it necessary."

"That's not what being harmless is..." Shirou whispered.

"In the end, they're just trying to look out for me. They're not bad people." Artoria said.

-~-

"So Emiya." Bedivere spoke.

"Yes?"

"How is it that you met Artoria anyway?" Bedivere asked Shirou.