Chapter 5

"Eh? Grocery shopping?"

"Yes. Considering that we barely have any food, I'm sending you out to shop for more." Kiritsugu gave Shirou a list of things that he needed to get for groceries who looked at the piece of paper with a raised brow.

"Couldn't you have sent off anyone else besides me? What about Leysritt or Sella? Illy—"

"Your sister is too young to go alone."

"Alright. Alright. I'll get back as soon as I can then."

"Good. Take care of yourself. You better not go fooling around with Tokiomi's daughters instead."

"Who do you take me for old man?" Shirou asked with a tick mark over his head. He's not a womanizer. "Also, what do you have against their father? Or just Tohsaka and Sakura in general?"

"It's complicated..." Kiritsugu said.

-~-

"Stupid old man hasn't changed one bit at all..." Shirou said with a small smile while walking through the streets. Even in another world. Kiritsugu is well... Kiritsugu.

Those heartwarming final memories of his version bring him back a lot. And it honestly made him want to tear up a bit seeing his father again. At least in another world, he's able to live happily...

"And so can you."

The back of his mind echoed those words. Causing him to only groan... This stupid soul merging is a pain... It's messing with his emotions all around. Curse you Shirou Emiya. Curse you and your entire existence. Curse you and my entirety.

-~-

"Grocery shopping again eh? Kiritsugu sent you." The shop owner said.

"Yeah. He could've sent anybody else but he thought of me to go on ahead and shop for him. Honestly, that old man is nothing but cryptic all around." Shirou said blankly while handing the shop owner the money needed for the bags of groceries he bought.

"Typical Kiritsugu eh? Then again, the man is shrouded with mystery all around. Ah, well, kid. Take care. Don't forget to tell your old man to relax and stop taking jobs that are outside the city. Things get dangerous out there."

"Thanks. I'll tell him. Most likely he'll still refuse and continue to work."

"Ah. Wouldn't hurt to try."

"Agreed. See ya later."

"Bye."

Shirou waved to the shop owner as he left the store. Closing his eyes while he carried the bags and began walking back home. Other than that. Today was filled with nothing but relaxation. Unless you count getting woken up violently by your little sister.

After a few minutes of walking, he did begin to feel a little tired. He's not used to feeling physically exhausted due to being used to his Servant like nature. Having a human body again is weird... Plus everything feels quite big since he's not as tall as he was before. Being a teenager again is weird... Being human is weird...

Humans are weird...

A ramen stand?

He hardly sees any ramen shop stands. Yes... Hmm... He is quite hungry he'll admit. And he's still got some leftover money from Kiritsugu plus his savings from his job in this world that he can get a quick bite.

As he settles his bags of groceries down alongside his seat. Sitting down on the chair in front of the small ramen shop stand he awaited.

"Welcome." The stand owner said to Shirou who turned around to look at him.