Chapter 3

"Captain of the Kendo Club, Artoria Pendragon."

"Captain."

"Kendo Club."

"Artoria."

"Pendragon."

"Captain."

"Kendo."

"Club."

"Artoria."

"Pendragon."

"Captain."

'Son of a bitch... This world isn't normal at all. I've been lied to.' Shirou thought as he continued to stare at Artor— Saber.

He looked away before anyone noticed he's been staring a lot.

Flashes of Saber coarse through his mind, specifically the day she saved him when he summoned her on accident.

Everyone else was too busy looking at the Kendo Club members while he left for his class without being noticed.

He walked down the empty hall since all the other students are crowding the opposite hall. As he walked, his face was impassive, all the while failing to notice the stare of a certain blonde-haired captain who watched on as she ignored the crowd circling them.

Slowly and slowly the auburn-haired boy escaped her vision when he took a turn up the stairs, she closed her eyes.

-~-

He'd never expect that he'd be in school all over again. My, he forgot how uninteresting school life is.

Seriously, he's a grown adult stuck in a teenager's body. He'd rather choose to cook or do something better than be in classes all over again. All these subjects are easy...

His knowledge has expanded over many decades... Perhaps decades. Since he kept count of time as a Counter Guardian, besides, even if he did, perhaps he long ago stopped counting time when he gave up or his memory loss just made him forget.

"Mm..." He can only sweat as he feels a stare of the person next to him. Why is he nervous exactly?

Oh, nothing... Except that the most popular student sits next to someone who isn't as popular, besides the reputation of helping others out.

Out of something coincidence, or it's just fate taunting him or just the world, in general, having Saber sit right next to him.

Now being sat next to each other wouldn't be much of a matter right? Unless it's the fact that it's someone who you used to know... Making things awkward for him. But he can manage...

Still though, Britain's king? In a school? Almost humorous and hilarious. The Once great king turned into a school girl living a normal life who probably is just a normal girl and nothing more. How... Odd... Interesting as well.

Still... Just sitting next to her only makes him feel way nervous than he should be. He shouldn't. He's not attracted at all to Saber. Not anymore... At least.

There was once upon a time where he felt attraction. Nothing more. But that time has long since passed. He has no right to consider his feelings to her. Even if it's one from another world. A reincarnation of the king of knights possibly.

He's not attracted. He's...

Guilty.

The past indeed can't be changed. But the guilt may never leave.

That's why he's nervous. Even if he's a master at keeping his posture cool and his actions normal. The feeling of the bottomless pit in his stomach continues to eat him up with guilt.