Chapter 8 Fortua

He walked until he was next of me. He looked the same as the last time I saw him. I felt utterly calm, then I snapped out of knowing that he was trying to control me. I jumped onto the roof and got in to a fighting stance."Get out of here Cole if you value you life." He grinned and said,"I know you miss me, you don't need to pretend." He started to walk towards me and then extended his arm and he pushed the hair out of my face. For a minute there I thought that it was the Cole I knew and loved. Then I realized that his other hand went to his weapon belt slowly. I grabbed his arm and twisted it and he grunted. But then flipped me over the edge. I was now on the ground having a massive headache. My body was throbbing and I saw Cole jump down and kneel next to me. He cupped my face but I tried to pull away. He smirked and his hand went to my clock, he ripped it out of my neck. I was now standing and so was he but I was frozen in fear," don't do it..." I said in a whisper. He slammed the clock on the wall behind him and I screamed in pain. I felt as if all my bones shattered at once. Now I felt the hot blood sting my eyes and run down my face. Then he hit my clock against the wall even harder. I screamed and fell onto the ground blood was pouring from my head wound. I started to whimper in defeat."Please! Stop! You'll kill me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He now dropped it on the ground and I started to whimper more. He knelt down next to me and he carried me in his arm protectively. I didn't have any energy in me to fight of push him away. He looked pained and buried his face into my hair and whispered," I'm sorry but Mr.Malka saids you need to be stable before you come back." His voice carried pain and yearning. All I felt was hatred and then I heard the door slam open. Jace stood there with a blade in hand his eyes burning in hatred."Let her go and maybe I'll give you a quick death bastard!" Cole grinned in amusement and whispered into my ear," I'll see you soon Val." He twisted his ring that I barely noticed that he was wearing and he disappeared into thin air. I fell but Jace caught me and I whimpered because he had touched my bloody head. I could not see him well because my eyes were covered in blood. Jace carried me to the motel room and I felt being lifted again. I knew that Xavior had gotten my clock, then I heard a gentle click of the door closing. My breathing was steady but I screamed in pain when Jace had lifted my arm on to my chest. I knew what he was doing so I willed my self to heal before darkness over took me.
I woke up with a slight headache. I opened my eyes, I still wore the bloody clothes from last night. My hand went to my neck and I felt the cool gold chain hugging my neck. I heard a sigh of relief, I turned my head and I saw Jace sitting next to me, looking at me with worry and concern. I tried to sit up and but I just slumped back down. My breathing was ragged and uneven. I felt panic flare through my body. Jace helped me put my hand on my chest so that I healed all the way. When I was done I asked," what happened last night." Jace went back to his neutral face and said," how much do you remember?" I thought back and remembered Cole, I went cold as I thought that he would have killed me. I felt angry and hatred but under that I felt betrayal and desperation. "I remember everything up to the point when I was healing my self." Jace nodded and said," well you passed out so I cleaned you up...""Wait were is Xavior ?!" I started to look around frantically and I saw him standing next to the door his head hung down. I sat up quickly and jumped out of bed. I looked at him," how did he find me?!" I was standing in front of him. "I don't know but it was probably a tracking chip." I gasped at the cruelty of Cole. I then realized that Xavior was blaming himself for what had happened last night. I put my hand on his shoulder," it's not your fault, neither the time to pity yourself. Start making weapons, a bow for me and some sertina blades." He nodded and I walked by past Jace but as I walked I said," we are invading the Fortua today, get ready for battle." Jace nodded so I went to change my clothes at the bathroom. I threw the bloody clothes so that I also threw away Cole's touch. I took a quick shower and came out in my battle gear. My gear looked like black leggings and a tight shirt with a leather jacket that was also black, and my black boots. The leggings and shirt are as light as a feather but that could wistand fire and water and it was also a strong fabric and it is not easy to cut. I had my hair tied in a ponytail so that it wouldn't be in my face. I walked out of the bathroom like that and I saw Jace just staring at me with a spark of desire in his eyes. I just strolled past him and went to Xavior. He looked drained so I put my hand on his chest, he started to pull away but I didn't let him. When I saw him back to his full health he handed my my bow and the sertina blades. I slipped my bow on my back and the bladed in my sheath on my belt. Then he also handed me some small knives so I hid them in my boots. I saw that Jace and Xavoir were already with weapons so I just grabbed my keys and we went to my car. We zoomed on to the road and I discussed the plans." The Fortua will be guarded by the soldiri so we will have to kill our way through. When we get inside we will have to split up and find Sophie before Cole does." They both nodded in agreement so we continued the whole trip in silence.
I was driving up a hill and on the top stood the Fortua the size of a mansion except taller, it had four stories not including the basement. There were few soldiri standing in front of the gates. I parked my car behind a tree and we got out. Xavoir had his head down next to me and on the other side was Jace. He had a sertina blade in hand and I took out a silver arrow and let it fly. It cut the air like a knife and went through a soldiri's chest, blood splattered every where. He went down because the arrow had pierced his heart. I just let them keep going until all of them were on the ground dead. Hatred and revenge fueled me as each arrow hit. We ran to the gates and I extended my arm and let a blast of fire burn it down in seconds, I was tried but I quickly healed my self. I had a feeling that something was off but I just ignored it. We ran across the payment in the garden that surrounded the Fortua. The garden was beautiful almost as if it were a fairytale garden like in Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. We got to the grand doors and Jace went to open them. They weren't locked so I knew that something was off," Jace wait don't..." but Jace had already opened the doors. Soldiri flooded out of the Fortua like a tsunami and they surrounded us. We were badly out numbered and I started to reach for and arrow behind me when I saw Cole emerge out of the crowd facing us. "Stand down soldiri, good work Xavior." His face was calm and neutral, Xavoir now had his head high and went to stand next to Cole. "Xavoir..." I whispered, he had played us the whole time and I fell for it because I felt pity towards him. I felt deeply betrayed and now I felt like if I had a open wound. I just stared at Cole in hatred. I barley had the time register what Jace had said," its a trap..."