Chapter 3: I HATE Rogues

"Where's Parker?" I asked my mother

"I think he said something about staying with Lindsay tonight" she said while leaning her head on my dad's chest.

"Does he know about it?" I questioned referring to the transformation that would be taking place in a few minutes

"Yes honey he does. But he said Lindsay called him at the last minute and said it was an emergency" my mom explained and I frowned. Parker's never missed one of these before. Is Lindsey more important than me? I felt anger start to bubble within me so I disregarded the thought.

"I never liked that girl" my dad said shaking his head. Me either dad, I thought.

"Ronald, stop being mean" my mom scolded and hit him on the chest

"What! You were the one who thought she was a bit-" my dad got cut off by my mom's glare

"Never mind" he muttered and I laughed

"Really dad?!" I said and shake my head disappointingly

"Avery! Keep walking!" My mom ordered. Sometimes I wonder if dad's the Luna and if mom was really the Alpha.

Finally, we got to the usual spot where we go when I transform. I had found it when I was 5 with Parker. One day we were just running and we came across this secret place. Mom and dad found it later on and decided we could do this here. I stepped into the small opening and I was again amazed at it's beauty. There were big old trees but what made the whole scene beautiful was the small stream that ran over rocks. It was right in the middle of the trees and gave the whole place a nice vibe.

"You ready sugarplum?" My dad asked me. I don't really know why my parents make endearments for me and not Parker. Life just isn't fair.

"More than ready" I said excitedly all traces of previous anger gone

"Ok" my dad chuckled and stepped back

"Good luck honey" my mom said and stepped back with my dad. She wished me good luck because she knows that once you don't transformed in a long amount of time the transformation will be very painful.

"Thanks mom" I whispered. I guess through all the excitement I forgot about the pain of transforming.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. A few seconds later I felt and heard the cracking of my bones.

"Ahhhhh!" I screamed as my body started to morph into the shape of a wolf. I was soon down on all fours and I felt my fur coat start to appear. Soon enough I was covered in clean, pure, white fur. My eyes became bright blue as they always did when I transformed. I looked up at my mother who had tears in her eyes and my dad who was smiling softly at me. He nodded his head and that was my cue that told me I was allowed to go for a run.

I soared feeling the wind flow through my thick fur. I let out a small howl of pleasure and leaped in the air. This feeling was indescribable. I felt pure relief and I felt free but even these words couldn't describe it fully.