Chapter 13: Hm, Well This Is New Info

"Uh, I need to pee!" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. Great, now they probably think they gave birth to a weird human being. I mean, who says 'I need to pee' when they meet their birth parents for the first time?! Apparently I do!

"You need to pee?" Parker questioned giving me a look that was basically asking me 'what are you doing?!' I return a pointed glared and nodded.

"Yes. Yes I do." I replied defiantly

"Alright. Go ahead" he shrugged raising an eyebrow and I threw off the covers and rushed to the bathroom leaving two nervous confused people at the door.

I walked to the sink and looked at my reflection in the mirror above it. The girl staring back at me was pale, had a swollen black and blue nose, and held fear in her eyes. I admit, that.... I'm scared. Scared, that if I get too close to these people they might get hurt. I mean, rouges were willing to attack a whole pack of wolves to capture the white wolf. What would they do if they found out that Im here, still alive? They might kill these people and I would rather die than to have someones death on my hands. But then again, how can I let this opportunity go to waste? So many people dream of meeting their birth parents and here I am letting this go to waste. I dont want to be ungrateful.

I took a deep breath and rinsed my face with some ice cold water. Feeling refreshed, I finalized my decision. Life's all about taking risks, right? So, why not? Im gonna get to know my parents and my...brother. I grimaced as I thought about Ryan. He really is an ass.

I turned around and opened the door, revealing my parents sitting on the edge of the bed and Parker sitting on the couch. They were laughing about something but when I exited the bathroom everyone became silent. You could've heard a pin drop!

"What did I miss?" I chuckled and took a seat next to Parker on the couch

"Nothing, much" Parker smiled

"How was your urination?" He grinned and I glared

"Fine" I gritted out

"I guess, small bladders run throughout the family right?" I laughed at my own joke causing Parker to shake his head.

"No, but bad jokes probably do" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. Everything settled in an awkward silence until Parker finally broke it.

"Im just gonna go. The awkwardness is suffocating me" Parker announced and practically ran to the door leaving my parents and I alone.

"So" my birth mom and I said at the same time

"You first" I encouraged and she smiled

"Your mate seems nice" she grins at me and I grimace slightly

"Yes. He was also my supposed brother for most of my life" I chuckled and my dad made a face of confusion

"You mean he's-Savannah's-oh dear" he says out loud trying to comprehend it

"Oh my goddess. That is such a coincidence!" my mother exclaimed and I shrugged

"Well. Lets talk about you" my dad interrupted and I couldn't be happier. I did not want to talk about Parker for much longer.

"Alright" I nodded

"Whats your name?" my mother asked

"Avery Maxwell" I raised an eyebrow

"Oh" my mom said and I detected a trace of sadness in her tone

"Whats wrong?" I asked

"Well, when your mother gave you to Savannah she never got to tell Savannah what we had named you. So I guess Savannah had given you a name of her own making" my father explained making me curious.