04

BEACON HILLS HIGH

As they walked through the halls, Stiles asked, "If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

"I don't know," Scott replied.

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know."

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?"

Tabitha rolled her eyes and whipped her head around. "Didn't you hear him the last two times? He doesn't know."

They were handed their tests back and Stiles noticed Scott's grade.

"Dude, you need to study more," Stiles commented, earning a glare from his best friend. "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying? Tabitha could help. She's really smart."

Tabitha glanced at her friend. "He's right. I could help you study, Scott."

"No," Scott said. "That's okay, Tabitha. I'm studying with Allison after school today."

Stiles grinned. "That's my boy."

"We're just studying."

"Uh, no, you're not."

"No, I'm not?"

"Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to God I'll have you de-balled."

"Okay. Just - Stop with the questions, man."

"Done. No more questions. No more talk about the Alpha or Derek. Especially Derek - who still scares me."

---

Lydia and Allison walked up the stairs and the former asked, "Scott's coming over? Tonight?"

"We're just studying," Allison replied.

""Just studying" never ends with just studying. It's like - Getting into a hot tub - Somebody eventually cops a feel."

"Well, so what are you saying?"

"I'm just saying, you know, make sure he covers up." Allison looked at her in confusion. "Hello, Snow White! Do it with him with a condom."

"Are you kidding me? After one date?"

"Don't be a total prude. Give him a little taste."

"Well, I-I mean, how much is "a little taste"?"

Lydia studied Allison a moment. "Oh, God. You really like him, don't you?"

"Well - He's just different. When I first moved here, I had a plan - no boyfriends until college. I just move too much. But - Then I met him, and - He was different. I-I don't know. Can't explain it."

"I can. It's your brain flooding with phenylethylamine."

"What?"

"I'll tell you what to do. When's he coming over?"

"Right after school."

"Hmm. Maybe I can have Tabitha join us." She dialed a number and got no response. "Must be busy. I'll try again later."

---

Stiles and Tabitha got into his Jeep and she suddenly yelled, "Watch out!"

"Oh, my God," Stiles said, seeing Derek in front of his car.

Derek promptly collapsed and Scott began panicking. "Oh, no, no - no - no, not here!"

"You've gotta be kidding me," Stiles muttered as he and Tabitha got out. "This guy's everywhere-"