26

A knock sounded on Tabitha's door. She wiped her eyes and said, "Come in."

The door opened to reveal Stiles. "Hey. You rememb- Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Remember what?"

"Tabitha-"

"Remember what?"

He sighed. "I'm not gonna get an answer, am I?"

"Nope. Now talk before you're kicked out."

"There's a party tonight for Heather and I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Heather? Really? She's like the Lorraine to my Peggy! She's gonna be all over you."

"First of all, stop quoting The First Avenger. Second of all, what?"

"Never. Stiles you're... You're attractive, okay? She'll be all over you."

"You think I'm attractive?"

"I regret saying anything."

He grinned goofily and asked, "So are you coming? Please?"

She let out a long sigh. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful."

Tabitha smiled tightly, knowing full well something could happen between Stiles and Heather.

---

They got to the party and Tabitha offered a brief wave to Heather and made her way to the punch bowl. She poured some punch into a cup.

A clearly buzzed guy walked up to her and said, "Wanna find somewhere quiet?"

"No," she retorted.

"Come on, baby." He pulled her close, a hand inching towards her butt.

Tabitha balled her fist and decked his jaw. "Touch me again and you won't be able to walk."

"Bitch," another guy muttered.

Tabitha narrowed her eyes. "Sure. If I'm a bitch whilst defending myself, thanks for calling me one." She poured the contents of the cup onto the guy's head. "Go find someone else to screw."

She ran off and bumped into Scott.

He pulled her up and asked, "Are you okay?"

"No," Tabitha replied. "Can we go? Where's Stiles?"

"No clue. What happened?"

"I want to go home. I'm going home."

"Tabitha, wait." He grabbed her wrist.

She instantly punched Scott's jaw as her eyes flashed. As soon as she realized what she'd done, her hands flew to her mouth and her eyes widened. "Oh my God. Scott, I-"

"Did something happen?"

Her expression turned panicked and she ran from the house, bumping into Stiles.

Stiles pulled her up, seeing her panic. "What happened?"

Tabitha froze, then asked, "Where's Heather?"

"Um, I don't know. We were making out and I went to the bathroom upstairs and when I returned to the basement, she was gone. What happened to you? You look like Bucky when he's staring down a big height."

She shook her head. "Uh, nothing. Sorry about Heather."

"Tabi-"

"Just drop it! Please. Can you take me home?"

Stiles nodded slowly. "Yeah sure."

The ride back to her house was awkwardly silent and Stiles waved as she got out upon arrival. "See you tomorrow."