44

Scott and Tabitha rode on his motorcycle to Eichen House and took off their helmets.

"Why didn't you tell me or her?" Scott asked.

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Because I wanted to avoid something like this."

Stiles looked between his friends. "It's only 72 hours."

Tabitha pointed aggressively at the building. "72 hours. In that place. Where Barrow came from. He had a tumor that exploded flies." She made an exploding motion with her hands and turned to the sheriff. "There's a lot you don't know yet."

Sheriff Stilinski glanced at them, mostly focused on Tabitha. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called."

Stiles turned to his dad and said proudly, "Wow. That was actually all surprisingly correct."

"Scott, Tabitha, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed over to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

Scott frowned. "Then why are you putting him in here?"

Stiles turned to his friend. "He's not. It was my decision."

Tabitha crossed her arms. "Yeah, well, it's an incredibly stupid decision. You're really going to the place that a guy whose brain exploded flies came from?"

Scott glanced at his friend before turning back to their mutual friend. "Stiles, we can't help you if you're in there."

Stiles sighed. "And I can't hurt either of you."

Tabitha looked up at him. "We'll find something. Deaton's got some ideas, and Argent is calling people. We're gonna figure something out."

"If we can't-" Scott began.

Stiles shook his head, cutting his friend off. "If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out. I know Tabi can defend herself with magic, but watch out for her. Please. If I hear that even one hair on her head gets hurt, I will murder you. Then I'll bring you back and murder you again."

Stiles turned to Tabitha. "I know you're gonna figure out a way. I need you to be the Steve to my Bucky and save me."

Tabitha nodded and hugged him. "You can count on that."

He nodded and waved goodbye to her and Scott before he walked into Eichen House with his dad.

Tabitha let out a sigh and turned to Scott. "We've got to get to the clinic. Deaton may have some ideas."

Scott handed her the other helmet and she placed it on her head. He revved the engine and Tabitha wrapped her arms around his waist. He raced towards the Animal Clinic. When they got there, they saw that Deaton was on the phone with Argent and Allison waiting for them.

Allison noticed Tabitha's expression and asked, "Are you okay?"

Tabitha nodded. "Yes. Fine. What have you guys found?"

Deaton mentioned a scroll and Tabitha frowned. "Scroll?"

"A Shugendo scroll," Deaton replied. "The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan. The scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune."

"Where is it? Did someone buy it?"

Deaton nodded. "The man who last purchased it was named Kincaid."

Allison moved back next to Tabitha. "He was with Katashi. He's the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun."

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself."