18

Tabitha had all but been forced to ride with Allison and Lydia. In Stiles' words, he wanted 'her to be safe'. As if things haven't already happened. While Allison dropped Lydia off, she said, "I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what the hell just happened."

Lydia gave her a nod. "I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened."

Tabitha let out a small sigh. "It's... complicated."

Lydia shot her a look. "Well, how 'bout either of you start with why Derek was there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica? Or do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

Tabitha glanced at Allison and she shook her head, but the red-haired girl ignored the brunette and spoke. "The other stuff is kind of complicated. Me too, I suppose. To be honest, half the time I'm still confused about everything that appears."

Allison turned to Lydia, who was staring at Tabitha in confusion. "Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay? It's better if you just keep what you know to yourself."

Lydia sighed. "Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend -- which is nothing -- to myself."

Allison frowned at her. "Hey. He's not just my boyfriend. You get that, right?"

She grabbed Lydia's wrist, and Lydia tried to get it off. "Let me go."

Allison let out a sigh. "Just for one second, please, try and remember-"

"Remember what?"

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times when you see him standing down the hall and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you -- you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?"

Lydia shook her head. "No."

"What do you mean, "no"? You've had boyfriends."

"None like that."

Allison glanced at the witch. "Tabitha, do you feel the same way? About Stiles?"

Tabitha scoffed. "No. Stiles and I are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less, and I highly doubt we'll ever be more."

While Lydia walked inside her house, Allison drove off to Tabitha's. It wasn't a far drive and Tabitha was hoping for a quiet ride, but that wasn't going to happen.

Allison turned to Tabitha for a second before turning back to the road. "Stiles is in love with you, you know."

"We're not friends, so why are you trying to butt into my love life? So he's the Sherlock to my John, the Steve to my Bucky or Peggy, depending on how you look at it. Cool. Doesn't mean you can butt into my life."

"I think you like him."

Tabitha's eyes flashed. "Allison, if you know what's good for you, shut up. Trust me; I'm not someone you want to piss off."

"I don't want a relationship more than friends. I mean, something could happen later, but for the time being, we're just friends."

Tabitha got out and walked into her house. Since the house was empty, as both her parents were at work, she made her way to her room and flopped on her bed.

The next day at school, Allison and Tabitha were called into the principal's office. Gerard gave her a smile while she frowned at him. "Why am I here? I didn't do anything, far as I know."