Engagement

Ive written chapters of Varian and Hugo getting a promise ring, and them getting married, but i never wrote one for there engagement, so here is goes, Enjoy!
_____________________________________________
Hugo's POV

Today is the Day! The day im gonna propose to the love of my life, Varian. Weve been dating since he was 15 and i was 17, now, Varian is 20, and im 22, Tonight is the night the kingdom is holding a ball and everyone in the kingdom is invited, along with Me, and Varian, and i have asked if i can finally pop the question to my boyfriend Varian, and Rapunzel said yes! Now all i have to do is ask Varians dad, and i am absolutely petrified to but its to late, im already walking to Varian's dads house to ask him for his sons hand in marriage.

I walked up the steps, my heart pounding extremely hard, i knocked softly on the door  and Varians dad opened it, i gulped and waved Nervous, "Hey Quirin, I uhhh gotta talk to you about Something" i said, "Ok, Cmon in" Quirin said, i walked and sat down at the dining table, Quirin sat across from me, i took a deep breathe and said "Listen, i know that we dont particularly get along, but i love Varian with all my heart and i am determined to give him a life filled with love and friends and family, so i am here to ask, Can i ask your son to marry me?", i was sweating and blushing by the time i finished what i said to Varian's dad, he looked at me and he said "Look Hugo, i know how much you love varian, and i know that your a good person, that you protect my son, and are there for him whenever he needs it, so i trust that you will be able to take care of and love my son for the rest of both of your lives, so....yes, you can ask my son to marry you", i let out a sigh of relief and the air in my throat was released, Quirin chuckled.

~Time skip~

I was standing outside of the castle waiting for Varian to arrive, and my face went completely red when i saw him, he looked absolutely amazing in the suit he was given, he was Blushing to, "You look amazing" i said as he walked over to me, "Y-You look pretty great as well" Varian said, i put my hand out to him, and he smiled as he took it, and we both walked into the castle

As we entered the ball room, we saw all of corona's citizens, and a few from old corona, and other kingdoms as well, I saw Nuru and yong walk over and they were Smiling excitingly, "I am so excited for tonight" Nuru said, I smiled and looked at Varian as he was hugging my arm, smiling brightly. I cant wait for that smile to be mine, forever

~Time skip~

It was nearing the end of the party, and it was nearing the time i was gonna ask him, Varian had spent almost the entire time with nuru and yong, and i spent half of the time with Eugene asking him advice for what to say and can i say that was very helpful, because i had no idea what to say, the other half was spent with Varian and our friends, but soon enough, i saw Rapunzel walk up in front of everyone, and wave me to come over to her, i walk over and stand beside her, "Hello people of corona, you all know me as your queen, and right here beside me is a dear friend of the kingdom Hugo. The entire kingdom has known about this surprise and so far we have been able to keep this secret, but we have to hide it no more, Varian can you please come up here?" Rapunzel said, Varian nodded and walked up to the front of the ball room, and Rapunzel moved into the crowd.

I looked at Varian and took a deep breath and started talking, "Varian, Since the day i first met you, i thought you were just an alchemist with wild dreams of unachievable greatness, but even after all i did like betraying you and being on my moms side, you still gave me another chance. You have been the biggest part of my life, your so kind, brave, Loyal, smart, and funny, you see the best in people even if they make it impossible. I love everything about you, from The way your eyes light up when you discover something to the way you care so much about everyone. Being with you is the best thing in the world, and i want you to be apart of my world, Forever", i then got down on one knee, and opened the small box which had a ring with a blue gem on it "Varian, will you let me do the honor of becoming your husband?" I asked. Varian put his hands over his mouth, and tears were streaming down in his face, i saw him look at Nuru and yong, and they were both nodding, then he looked at Rapunzel and she was nodding as well, then he looked back at me, "Yes! A million times Yes!" He said. Everyone started cheering as i stood up and hugged Varian, When the hug broke, i slipped the ring onto his finger, and kissed him, He kissed me back.

After the ball was over, i took Varian over to the balcony of the ballroom and smiled softly, holding his hand tightly. I put my hand on Varian's cheek and rubbed it, i cant wait to spend the rest of my life with my little alchemist......The love of my life