(OLD) Chapter 6:

Cole was a very light sleeper. Even the faintest creak of a floorboard could wake him up in the middle of the night, or the click of a light being turned on. He wasn't sure if it was connected to his powers. It was after unlocking his true potential, did he notice the increased sensitivity. The others assumed he was a heavy sleeper. Though really he had earplugs in, which were hidden by his fluffy black hair, so when his teammates woke him in the morning, they had to either shake him or yell at him. One night, while chasing the others out of his room for waking him up with cold water on his head, he had lost his ear plugs in the midst of the battle. Now, 2 hour after he went to sleep, he was staring wide eyed up at the ceiling, a pillow wrapped around his ears.

Cole had heard a soft creak of a floor board break through the rumbling of the thunder and pitter patter of rain splattering against the windows. He waited about 30 seconds before getting up, opening the door to his room without so much as a whisper, peeking out. He slowly descended down the hall, hearing soft sobbing as he reached the stairs that led to the main deck. The black ninja spotted Lloyd sitting against the wall, wrapped in a large green blanket, tears falling down his face. Cole quietly went up the stairs, Lloyd flinching visibly as he saw his teammate. The male sat down next to him without so much as a word. Lloyd lifted his blanket it, dropping it around Cole's shoulder, which was a little difficult because of the height difference. They watched the rain together drip down the fins and the lightning light up the dark sky, listening to the thunder growl with rage. One by one, the other ninja had woken up, like they knew, and walked onto the deck with blankets curled around their bodies, joining Cole and Lloyd as they watched the storm. After a few minutes, the green ninja broke in a sob, tears pouring down his face, his eyes glowing brightly from the sudden emotion. Cole wrapped him into a hug, being the closest to Lloyd, the others following, wrapping their arms around their teammates. Eventually, from the softness of their blankets, the comforting presence of each other, and the soft patter of the rain, they eventually all drifted off to sleep again, except Zane, he went back to playing chess with Pixal. In the morning, Wu and Misako found the ninja fast asleep on the deck, even Cole.

Third person (Omni) POV:

Cole smiled fondly at the memory. It was one of the last peaceful moments they had before everything seemed to go to hell. The black ninja brought himself back to reality, looking around silently on the replica of the T-Rex, blending in perfectly with the black background the dinosaur stood in front of. Nobody had seen anything in the last 30 minutes of searching or watching. He glanced at Skylor who stood on one of the ceiling lights, watching the room as well. Kai and Nya had broken off to searching the museum, while Cole and Skylor waited at the main exhibit that lead directly towards the main entrance.

The plan was for the siblings to find them, draw them out towards the entrance. Jay would cause a distraction, and Cole and Skylor would drop from the ceiling and ambush them. Kai and Nya checked in every five minutes, so the others would know they were okay. Nearly five minutes had passed, when suddenly the radio cracked to life.

"We're doing okay over here, no sign of them yet. Can you tell Lloyd we're almost done over here?"

Nya spoke calmly. Cole glanced over to Skylor and clicked on the red button.

"Sure can, how soon will we see you guys?"

"Hard to say, there's a lot of hiding places, maybe about 5 minutes, over and out."

"Copy."

Cole clicked off the microphone, looking to Skylor then down at Jay who had walked in.

"Something's obviously up."

Jay said in a worried tone.

"What do you mean? Nya said to call Lloyd to tell him they're almost done, what's wrong with that?"

"Lloyd's in another realm."

"Oh. Yeah, that seems a little suspicious, let's go."

Cole and Jay pulled down their masks, then Cole and Skylor jumped down to the ground, the three taking off down the long hall. They hoped Nya and Kai were alright.

Zane barely dodged a burst of dark mass sent flying his way, nearly crashing into the ship as his dragon flung to the left. Okay, this guy was way more pissed off than before. The nindroid used himself as a target so the creature wouldn't think to hit the ship. Though, that wouldn't work forever.

"We're gonna have to stop the ship before Ninjago City, we don't want to crash into any buildings while chasing it, the bounty is too big!"

Garmadon shouted.

"We'll go by dragon then."

Morro stated, appearing out of thin air.

"Are you sure Morro, do you have enough energy?"

Wu asked in a worried tone, placing a hand on the ghost's shoulders. Morro instantly snapped it back.

"Yes, I can do this."

"We will stay on the ship, good luck boys."

Misako said, supporting Ronin who had a new bandage wrapped around his leg. Wu and Garmadon nodded as Morro conjured his dragon. They both jumped on the dragon, and instantly took off. Misako and Ronin limped towards the control station, who she placed on a chair and then took off the wheel, steering it off to the side to land. With two dragons now on its tail, the creature flew faster, sending another shot of darkness. The creature zoomed past the bordering buildings, soaring through the streets, taking lefts and rights so fast, finding its way to the most maze like parts of the city, almost like it knew where it was going.

Zane and Morro were slowly falling behind. The nindroid was ahead and was flying faster than Morro, having less weight to carry on his dragon. He rounded a corner a little too quickly and slammed into a falling billboard, cut by the pole. Zane fell to the ground, making a imprint on the rough concrete, and stopping the cars on the street so they didn't run over him.

Morro lowered his dragon as they flew past, Garmadon grabbing Zane by the arm and pulling him up. The nindroid looked around dizzily, like coocoo birds were flying around his head. Morro flew by a corner, then stopped. They were at a four way, with no sigh of the creature anymore, not even the fading of a tail as Morro rounded the corner. Fuck. Suddenly, multiple screams rang out from the left streef. Well, that works too.

(Sorry for the short chapter! Wanted to at least put something out. Next chapter will be much longer, at least 8,000+ words to make up.)