(OLD) Chapter 10:

Once again, stillness and silence hung over the streets of Ninjago, daring anything to make even a single sound or movement. Though, near the exits of the city, something disrupted it.

Ash peeked out of a dark and thin alleyway, looking both ways of the empty roads, ducking back in as one of the grey skinned beings turned a corner. Though, they weren't alone. The leading solider carried an oddly white sword that was held in front of their chest, like anything could jump out at any moment and attack them. 10 more people followed behind them, moving almost feral like as they looked closely at the many alleyways they passed, some going in and kicking over trashcans or peeking in dumpsters.

Ash nodded at Skylar, who was crouched behind a overfilled trashcan. They both disappeared without a sound. The leader suddenly stopped, their pointy ears flickering like a fly had landed on them. An echoing crash of glass breaking and a trash can falling over sounded out in an alleyway a few streets over. The grey skinned people stopped what they were doing and began running towards the sound, like they had been itching for a fight. They rounded the nearest corner out of sight. A minute passed. Ash and Skylar appeared out of thin air in the front of the alley they had been in.

"Clear."

Slowly, 3 other people creeped out of their hiding places. Skylar had surprisingly discovered them waiting by her noodle shop, ready to help evacuate people. One had quite helpful, using himself as a distraction while the others led the people to the scattered bunker doors.

Skylar, Ash, Neuro, Griffin, and Mr. Pale were now scouting the city for anyone else still not in the bunkers. There had been quite a few close calls so far, though they hadn't yet seen any sign of the huge creature that lurked through the streets.

"Skylar, question?"

Neuro asked. The red head nodded.

"Where are the ninja?"

"Not sure either. Last I saw them, they were at their ship. Which reminds me, did you guys know there's a master of wind and water now?"

"Well, where were they during the Tournament of Elements then?"

Griffin asked. Skylar merely shrugged.

"Let's focus on the main thing here. I guess we'll have to hold down the city until the ninja get back, assuming they haven't abandoned us."

Ash spoke, crossing his arms. The others remained silent, staying neutral on the topic.

"Hey! They wouldn't ever abandon us, they're the protectors of Ninjago, remember? Something likely happened if they hadn't tried to contact someone or come back. Let's go look for their ship where I last saw it and see if they're there."

Skylor hissed at him.

"Presuming we can get out of the city without being caught. The exits are likely guarded. We can't fly our dragons since you said the creature that caused all of this is a dragon itself. It'd probably spot us and go after us."

Mr. Pale said.

"Well if it did, it would never catch me! I'm way too fast."

Griffin said smugly.

"Well, not all of us are the master of speed, you know."

Ash rolled his eyes.

"Alright, let's focus back on what Skylar was saying. We go to where she last saw the ship and see if there's any trace of the ninja."

Neuro spoke. Griffin, Ash, and Mr. Pale nodded and then, they set off.

"STUPID SEAGULL, SHOO!"

Kai yelled, throwing a fireball at the lurking bird who tried to snatch away the piece of meat resting on a flat leaf near the hot head. Cole, Jay, and Nya snickered. Two days had gone by on the island, two long and harrowing days.