(OLD) Chapter 7:

It was quiet here. Black was all I could see, but I wasn't afraid. It wrapped around me like a comforting blanket, protecting me. Nothing hurt me anymore, my stomach didn't twist and turn anymore, my mind didn't swirl like crazy anymore, I wasn't terrified every single moment anymore. I could hear muffled talking in the distance, far away, but I didn't try to listen. My eye lids grew heavy and my muscles weak. Was I dreaming? No. I didn't care if I was. It was safe here. That's all that mattered. But I needed to stay awake. Why? I didn't know. It was like a small voice in the back of my head was whispering to me, to fight against the sleep. Why? I asked it. It didn't respond. I raised up my hand, seeing the familiar bright green decorating the tips of my fingers. What happened? I don't remember the last thing that happened. Wait, I shouldn't be here. I need to be home. But, where was home?

Misako paced back and forth anxiously on floors of the control room, glancing up every so often to look out the windows. Zane, Garmadon, and Wu were smart out to get themselves out of most situations, and if they were heading closer to the middle of the city, the museum where the other ninja are was close, so they could call for back up if the others weren't too busy. Ronin was passed out on the floor, sleeping somehow without a worry in the world. She hated feeling like this, knowing she couldn't do anything to help. Misako had landed the ship about a mile from the entrance to Ninjago City, wanting to be close in case something happened,

She drummed her fingers against her knuckles, before turning and heading downstairs to check on Darreth. Misako walked down the long hall, pausing as she reached her hand to turn the knob that led to the guest room. Something was rumbling in her gut, that screamed at her to not open the door. Misako brushed it off, assuming it was jitters from what had happened earlier. She grabbed the knob, turning it with a creak, and walked in. The female sighed quietly in relief as she saw Darreth still asleep on the bed and turned around to leave, stopping instantly as she heard the creak of a floorboard. Misako snapped her head around.

Darreth now stood on the floor, his skin turning an ickly grey color, his clothes black as charcoal, horns growing out of head. His eyes were what frightened Misako most of all. The bright green color of Darreth's eyes bore into her, as a hiss slithered out from his mouth. The green faded to a bright purple not even a moment later.

"Oh, no, no-"

Misako bolted out of the room, narrowly running out of the way as Darreth slammed into the wall of the hallway. She ran as fast as she could, adrenaline running through her system, glancing behind her for a moment. Darreth recovered quickly and chased after her with inhumane speed. Misako slammed the doors that led to the lower deck behind her as she passed, sliding a broom between the handles.

She darted up into the control room, a loud crash of the doors breaking below, waking Ronin up. Misako grabbed Ronin and dragged him behind the counter, slapping a hand over his mouth as he protested. Only the groans of the planks that grew louder and louder sounded out. It suddenly stopped. Ronin slowly peered out, looking for whatever Misako and him were hiding from. The old woman suddenly pushed him forward, out into the open. Ronin stumbled back, nearly falling on his butt before he caught him. He snapped around, ready straight up yell at her. The ignorant thief stood frozen as Misako was thrown into the wall.

"Darreth! What the actual fuck?!"

Ronin yelled at him harshly, his hands itching for a weapon that wasn't there.

"That's not Darreth anymore..."

Misako whispered out. The once Darreth bolted towards Ronin, his plans soon foiled as Misako grabbed his arm, pulling him away from Ronin.

"Run."

The male took off down the stairs as the sounds of silence followed. Ronin ran down the long hall, biting back the pain that stabbed into his broken leg. While he and Darreth had been watching the creature before everything went to shut, Ronin had began snooping around the room, looking for anything of value he could sneak off. The brown ninja was too oblivious checking his hair to notice. Ronin had found some kind of foldable electric scooter in one of the boxes, likely forgotten. It was better than nothing, if it even worked. He better hope it did. Ronin slammed the door behind him, grabbing something to block the handle and moved some boxes in front of the door. He hobbled, now that his adrenaline was slowly wearing off, over to the box he had found the scooter in, and took it out quickly. Harsh banging on the door rang out, causing Ronin to move even faster. He jumped out the large hole in the wall, and unfolded it, pressing the on button. The scooter gently hummed to life as the thief took off, leaving a trail of dust, Misako and Darreth following close behind him.