(OLD) Chapter 12

"So then I said, that's not a corn stalk, that's my friend!"

The others burst out laughing, rocking the still boat gently. Nya wiped a tear from her eye, chuckling.

"What'd Lloyd do after that?"

"Put a fake mouse on my bed."

Ronin rolled his eyes.

"By the sounds of it, that kid sure likes pranks."

"He calls himself the king of them, Lloyd's done tons of them."

"Man, I used be to like that."

"YOU?!"

"Yes, I was a kid once, dumbasses."

"But, like, you're old!"

Jay exclaimed. Ronin glared in response.

"I'm 31, how old did you guys think I was?!"

"40."

"45."

"38."

"50."

"42."

"43."

"31."

"I expect Zane to know since he probably looked me up, but the rest of you, what the fuck. I'm not that old looking!"

"Eh, trim the beard and mustache."

Kai commented.

"Alright guys, let's start moving."

Nya spoke, standing up gently.

"And nobody please get sea sick, or I'll throw you off myself."

Nya cracked her knuckles and got ready to get the boat moving, until a soft thump was heard. Jay chuckled nervously.

"That was a fish, right?"

Another was heard.

"Maybe a school is passing through, hehe?"

"Hold my feet, Nya."

Zane spoke as he leaned over the boat edge. She grabbed onto them as the nindroid dunked his head into the water. Moments later, Zane came crashing backwards, clawing at his face, yelping.

"GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF-"

"HOLD STILL, LEMME GET IT, OR YOU'RE GONNA FLIP THE BOAT!"

Ronin yelled at Zane, grabbing whatever was on his face. With a harsh tug, he puffed off the star teeth, hurling it back into the sea.

"What the fuck was that?!"

"Don't you live in a town on stilts?! Those were star teeth, they can chew through anything! Can't believe we forgot about the the little shits, we're probably in their territory!"

"Don't they usually like metal?!"

"That's what they prefer, but still, they'll eat anything when they're hungry!"

"Which right now, is our boat! We gotta get them off, Zane, c'mon!"

Nya dove into the water, Zane following quickly after. Dozens covered the underside of the boat, with more swimming towards them. Shrill laughter echoed through the water. Zane began to pull the star teeth off, and sent them flying back with ice blasts. Nya began to spin, ribbons of water flying around. The star teeth were sucked into the tornado, then shot out like a bullets.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Zane frantically pointing behind her, then turned, immediately letting out a yell. A huge tentacle smacked her, knocking the wind right out of her. She was sent spinning back like a stunned fish.