Fast Forward

Henry's POV

There has been a lot that happened ever since me and Charlotte got together. All of us made it into Harvard University. Jasper wants to become an attorney, Charlotte wants to be a lawyer, and I want to eat food. By the way, Charlotte and I couldn't be happier. Except, that we both are broke and barely see each other throughout the week.

We try to make sure that we have at least one date night a week. It's sad but we both have to pay. I try my hardest to be the best gentleman for Charlotte, but it's hard when you don't have the money for it. I'm surprised that she didn't dump me after high school. And I thank god she didn't.

I still live a double life as Kid Danger (But now its basically Young Adult Danger). Charlotte still works for Captain Man but she works over the computer or phone. She's devoted pretty much all of her time into this lawyer thing. I don't hate that she does at all. I think she would look sexy in a little lawyer suit. I'm just jealous that she's found something she's passionate about and loves doing. I'm passionate about her and saving the day with Captain Man. But I'm also a confused college student, unsure of what career I want.

Anyways, today is Charlotte and I's anniversary of us dating. It's been three years since we started dating and it's been forever since we've been friends. I can't forget the first time I met my little Char.

Flashback

It's was the first day of third grade and she didn't have any friends because she just moved into town. She had a yellow polka dotted dress on and had her curly hair all out and untamed. I thought it was cool because it reminded me of a lion's mane. I wanted to touch her hair really bad. So, I walked over and did just that.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"Touching your mane," I say.

"My what!?!"

"Your mane. Your hair looks like a lion's mane," I exclaim.

"Is that supposed to be an insult or.."

"No! Not at all. I think it's really cool. Can I have it?"

"You want my hair?" she asks confused.

"Yeah!"

"No. I can't just give you my hair. It's going to hurt my head if you take it."

"Oh. Well, can we be friends so I can touch it everyday?" I ask.

"Sure, I guess. But under one condition," she proclaims.

"And what is that?"

"You have to give me your animals crackers during snack time. Deal?"

"Deal!" I say excited.

(Later during snack time)

"Come on Henry. You have to pay up," she demands.

"What? I thought the rule goes after today," I whine.

"It counted for today too Henry."

"Well can I give you something else?"

"Like what?"

"A kiss."

"I heard my parents talking about it. Does that hurt?"

"No. I don't think so. I saw it on T.V so it must be safe. Besides, I heard that only really cool friends do it," I say.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay. Give me a kiss," she says unsure.

I lean in and gently put my lips on hers. Her lips were really soft and plump. I kissed other girls from my neighborhood, but their lips weren't as soft and sweet as hers. After the kiss, I couldn't stop staring at her and it seemed like she couldn't stop staring at me either. After the long stares, she finally spoke.