The Happening

Henry's POV

I'm walking around the neighborhood because I need to clear my thoughts of everything and anything. But this is not working at all. Then, right in the midst of this thought, I see Charlotte riding her bike. I haven't seen her ride in years. Last time I saw her ride her bike is when her grandfather died.

We've been so close that now she tells me her problems. Even the one's I don't like. Dustin problems. Dustin and I aren't friends but we don't hate each other anymore. So I'm supportive and don't just say break up with him. But she hasn't been having any problems lately. So why is she riding her bike? I run up to her and stop her bike.

"Hey Char. What's going on?"

"Nothing is going on. I'm just getting a little exercise," she says reluctantly.

"Are you sure Char? We can talk about it at my house," I say.

I know what your thinking. I'm 'that' guy in the friend zone. But I do care.

"No I'm fine Hen. (smiles) See?"

She rides away. I can tell she wants to be alone. I hope she's okay.

Charlotte's POV

I don't care what Henry says or does to try to make me feel better. He's my problem. I've been so close to him lately that it's scaring me because the closer we get, the more I fall for him.

Now, he helps me through my problems. Family problems, school problems, even Dustin problems. The Dustin problem came up only once so it's not that awkward. But the fact that he's okay with that makes me feel like he doesn't like me anymore the way he did. I know I made it perfectly clear that I wanted to be just friends with him. But I didn't know that he was actually going to listen.

I know that I should be trying to enjoy Dustin for all the time I can because who knows when he'll get over me. He's is one of hottest guys in school and girls are already trying to break us up even though its been only about a month since we started dating. Dustin is a great guy but I feel that he's just something good to look at.

I think that what Henry said about me not knowing what I want was true. I thought I could hide my feelings in the shadows whilst dating someone else. I was just scared that if we don't stay friends we'll end up losing each other. But I don't care anymore. I know what I want now. What I want is Henry and only Henry. It's just that I don't want to be get rejected by him like he was by me. Wow. That was hypocritical. I think he has finally moved on. I just don't want him to.

(At school)

"Hey babe," Dustin says.

"Hey Dustin," I say walking away from him.

"Baby what's wrong? Are you sick or something?"

"No I'm fine. I just gotta get to class."

"You never go to class this early. What's going on?"

"I said nothing. I'll talk to you later babe."

"Fine. I'll see you later."

I give Dustin a hug and walk to social studies and sit next to Henry. I wanted to apologize for being so rude to him the other day.

"Hey Char,"

"Hey Hen. Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you the other day. I was a little confused that day with all these things going on in my mind," I say.

"It's okay Char. I'm just happy you're feeling better. I'm glad to see that beautiful smile on your face for a change."